17- Father's view

Yep. Mine as always.

It's just random Kris doodles.

So umm... I may have.... Taken advice from watshino tomodachi (My friend in English. Anime lover here!). So, my writing style might be super weird. I'm just trying it out.

••••••••••

"Dad?!" Kris shouted, scanning his father in utter flabbergast.

Asgore chuckled gauchely. Shifting his stare between the two.

Susie was left agape, soul thumping of nervousness, avoiding the eyes of the fatherly figure.

Asgore smiled with warmth, "Am I not allowed to visit my son?" He arched a brow, eyeing Kris expectantly.

Kris jolted a bit from his seat and nodded, "S-sorry, Dad." Kris apologized with his head hung glow, "I was just suprised." He mumbled in addition.

Asgore chuckled again, "I'm sorry for spoiling your fun," He said as he glanced at Susie, "It seems like you enjoyed yourself." He narrowed his eyes at Susie, seemingly taunting her of a sort.

Susie was not afraid though, but that stare still made her slightly squirm of uneasiness because of its familiarity.

"Tori- er... Toriel called me to watch over you, since she is quite occupied with work today." Asgore explained, correcting himself.

Kris nodded and smiled, eager to spend the day with his father, seeing as it had been a while since they bonded with everything that was thrown over them for the past year.

The door abruptly opened. There stood Dr. Auburn, heaving breaths yet again, a frantic glint about her eyes. Wearing her specticles once more to aid her sight.

"T-there you are!" Dr. Auburn exclaimed, panting still, "I was worried there for a second."

Asgore turned and faced the girl, a wide yet welcoming grin planting his lips, "Ah! You must be Dr. Auburn."

Dr. Auburn stopped her heaving, looking at Asgore, her pink cheeks now dusted with crimson, realizing how this man was Kris and Asriel's father.

"Yes." Said she, still timid to those of foreignity, fidgiting with her pad of statistics.

Asgore heartily laughed, "Now, now. No need to be afraid," He paused, sparing a glance at Kris, "May I take Kris somewhere else for a few moments?"

Dr. Auburn nodded slowly, "S-sure."

Kris followed his father, eager to spend some time with him.

Asgore narrowed his eyes. Susie had caught the wrath that glinted his caring eyes, seemingly directed towards her.

He tore his glare and tugged Kris.

Even in Kris' observant view, Asgore's glare was indistinguishable, making Kris slightly afraid of what had caused his rage, the rage he thought he saw.

Kris merely shrugged it off and headed out with his father.

Dr. Auburn and Susie were eerily quiet. Susie was insouciant if how they'll converse while Auburn was atwitter with how she'd gain information of her patient.

Susie was turning restive every second, tapping her foot briskly, "What're going to do, doc?" Susie asked with a growl.

Auburn squeaked, but regained her composure.

"Let's head back to your room."

~~~~~~~

"How have you been, dear child?" Asgore asked with curiosity.

Kris faced him, knowing that Asgore perfectly knew how he was doing.

Asgore chuckle once again, rubbing his nape, indicating that he was merely joking.

Kris sighed and smile, sipping the tea, looking around the desolate and eerie lunch room.

"How has your mother been?" Asgore queried.

"She's been fine," Kris answered with a nonchalant tone.

"I see." Asgore nodded with disappointment.

Asgore's mind drifted off as he reminded himself that he was no longer with Toriel. He was still hoping, taking any chance he'd get. But, as always, both were too opposite to ever be involved in marriage.

Kris had known of this, but he, too, is a child that yearned of a family, complete and happy.

But, as for now, the world seemed to not be in his favor.

If he could reset time, he would. But, no matter how he wishes, the devil known as luck still comes and comes, repeating the same ordeal, the same problem; they will never be complete.

Kris turned to his father, "How have you been?"

"Fine." Asgore stated plainly.

Asgore held in his grief. The loss of time for his kids was unfortunate, the loss of his wife's touch was unfortunate still. But he couldn't pour all that out, when Kris was certaintly stuggling even more so than him.

Kris faced him and sighed. Asgore's paws were clutched, trembling, eyes stone cold, trying desperately to hold in the tears.

"Dad, I know you're not fine." Kris pushed on. Seeing the tears, and the choked sobs.

Asgore let out a long sigh, desperate to let these feeling of grief and regret go. And yet, regret was hard to forget and easy to remember, vividly even.

"I-I just need some time," Asgore said, "Some time to heal."

One tear trickled down his cheek. Eyes showing a story, in the perspective of the greiving father.

Kris embraced his father in a loving hug. Attempting to console the monster who had tried and tried to do what he thought was right, just to be abandoned and to fight alone once more.

Kris clutched him. Hugging him for dear life.

Asgore remained strong, unwilling to let melancholia consume his strength. Even if law dictates he is no longer a husband, he is still the pillar of their home.

The door opened swiftly, but the two hadn't notice as they try to let sorrow and regret turn into mere dust of forgotten memories.

Another figure embraced the two, "How dare you have a cuddle party without me?"

Kris peeked and saw Asriel grinning, even if he pitied the scene, and longed for this to happen. A loving family, in one another's embrace.

Kris smiled and nuzzled onto his father's fur.

For once, it seemed as if the world revolved on love.

Somehow, the world resetted.

To the beggining when they were happy.

Even if some chose to go astray.

...

But the moment was broken.

As they heard a screech of panic.

"The soul!"

••••••••••

Yo! I kept writing the good things happening and filler chaps and a little fluff and I thought I'd stop a little and take a break.

I actually based this of my little poem. I wanted to talk about family a little.

Fight and fight for those of water and blood.
Mercy, mercy to those who love.
Act and act on the will of good.
For every item, you give and earn, is a gift from above.
You can't reset what happened in the past.
Just remember your family, by water or by blood, that will help you continue.

UwU I'm such an Undertale and Deltarune trash. Did you catch all the reference?

I can't do poetry, K? Give me credit for trying XD

~Aivianne