Chapter 7

Sodapop sat up off me and re-put his clothes on. He seemed frustrated which I understand. He glared at Dallas which he seemed to immediately regret because he put his head down and looked at me.

"I'll see you," he went for the door. I held my blanket around myself, walked to him and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"You don't have to be scared of him... but I like you so I'll talk to him about cutting you slack," he kissed my lips again and smiled, looked at Dallas and grinned as he closed the door.

Dally kicked my dress across the room and threw clothes from the closet at me. "I leave you with him for a couple hours and y'all tryna to get it on already."

"I like him."

"He is my friend, Charlie. I haven't known you for long, and you've known him for even less time. You're already on him." He sat in the chair and watched me get dressed.

"I'm just trying to live a little... We hung out and I like him. Leave him alone about it, please?" I walked over to him. "I won't bring him home anymore."

He looked away from me, "I need you to help me tomorrow, doll." He muttered, dropping the subject.

"With?" I sat on the arm of his chair.

"I'll tell you tomorrow," he got up, "you have work soon."

-

"Change, hurry up," Dally ran down the stairs right as my morning shift was ending.

I took my apron off and followed him upstairs, "why do I need to change?"

"Wear a dress like you did on your date with Soda," he opened the closet door and began shuffling through my clothes. "I'll explain later."

"You said that yesterday," I grabbed a blue dress and put it on.

"Okay, yeah, now here," he shoved a leather jacket of his into my arms. "Don't talk to anyone downstairs, go wait."

I shrugged, put his jacket on and went downstairs. I sat at a stool until Dally came running down the stairs. He grabbed keys from Buck then he grabbed my hand, pulling me out the door to a black car.

"Dally where are we going?"

He got in, "some guys found out about you, and they said that they don't believe me that we're together, so they wanna meet you."

"Why'd you tell them we're together?" I sat in the passenger seat.

"Cause the people that found out about you are the people that I don't want you around. They're the people that want to get with you and they're the people who I'm not scared of but everyone else is," he began driving.

"You don't have to protect me, Dallas. I'm grown enough."

"Just act like you're my girlfriend. And don't let them touch you," he pulled up to a house that looked torn as hell. He stopped me from getting out of the car when I opened the door. "These guys are rough, Charlie."

"I'm fine, Dallas. Let's get this over with," I got out of the car and waited for him.

He put his arm around my shoulders and before we even approached the door, it swung open and a tall blonde stared at us. "This your broad?"

Dally lowered his hands his hand to be around my waist instead, "yeah." He walked through the door.

Inside, a group of boys sat staring towards the door. Dally let go of me to greet some of the guys. A girl came around the corner with her hands on her hips and bright red lipstick on. She looked at me for a second then her eyes moved to Dallas.

"You weren't lying," she walked towards him and crossed her arms.

"Her name is Charlie," he stared down at the girl in front of him. I got uncomfortable so I grabbed Dally's hand and pulled him to the couch with me. Dally sat down but didn't allow me to sit until the guys on the couch moved even though there was plenty of room.

"Who is she?" I muttered to Dally.

"His ex-girlfriend," a guy sitting in the chair next to the couch answered for Dally.

I looked at Dally and rolled my eyes, "you didn't bring me here to prove it to them, you brought me here to make her jealous.."

Dally put his arm around my shoulders, "don't blow this, Charlie."

I sunk down into the couch and watched the girl sip a coke from across the room, staring at me. I watched her for a moment, glancing around every couple of seconds before I got annoyed. "Do you have a problem? Stop staring at me," I spat.

"Do you want a problem?" she put her drink down and placed her hands on her hips again.

I took Dally's jacket off and threw my hair up in a ponytail, "try me." I demanded.

"Woah, Woah," Dally stood up and grabbed my hips, "you don't want to start with her."

"Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I don't know how to fight," I moved his hands away from me.

"Sylvia don't," Dally stepped in front of me when he saw her putting her hair up.

"Fine, I'll start this crap," I pushed past Dally and as soon as I got to Sylvia, I slapped her. The room went silent when the noise of my palm hitting her face echoed.

Sylvia looked in shock for a second. It took a moment for her to make a move but when she did, she slapped me and sent a burning sensation across my cheek. She balled her hand into a fist, so when she went to punch me I stepped back and sent her stumbling forward.

"Charlie," Dally grabbed my shoulders and turned me around, "what the hell are you doing?"

As I opened my mouth to defend myself, Sylvia grabbed my hair and pulled me away from Dallas. I squealed and elbowed her in the stomach. She folded over and I hit her again.

"Grab her," I watched Dally grab Sylvia, holding her back. As I was about to swing again, one of the guys caught my fist and stopped me. Another guy grabbed my arms and held me away from Sylvia.

As soon as Dally saw the other guy holding me, he let go of Sylvia and grabbed his jacket, shoving it into my arms. He tugged me out of the guy's arms and held me against himself. Sylvia got taken away by another guy.

"We've been here for five minutes and you started a fight with her," he shook his head, "why?"

"I got a bad vibe from her," I shrugged. Dally sat back down so I sat on his lap.