Epilogue

Year 1988

-

"Where's uncle Pony, aunt Mari, Uncle Two-bit and aunt Carrie?" Caroline asked as she stood in her grad cap and gown an hour before her graduation.

"On their way," I adjusted her hair and ran the back of my hand on her cheek. "I'm so proud of you..."

"Look at her," Dally came into the room, "hell, we couldn't do it. I don't know where our kids got the brains they have, but look at em," he gestured towards our 14-year-old son Daniel sitting at the dining table working on his last project of the year. His name came to us because we already have me, Charlie and our daughter, Caroline. So now we have Dally and our son Daniel.

"Stop mom, dad," Caroline shoved my hand away and stepped backwards towards her boyfriend Andrew.

The door swung open and in walked Pony's son Peter. He gave a hug to Caroline before meeting Daniel at the table. Pony and Marianna hugged Caroline to congratulate her as well. A couple minutes later Two-bit walked through the door with Carrie and his daughter Molly.

"Mol, over here!" Peter called Molly over. She obviously didn't want to be here so she lugged herself over to the table and plopped next to the boys without saying anything to anyone.

"Her boyfriend broke up with her," Carrie shook her head and sighed, "first time that she's left the house since Friday."

"Hey, Daniel brought a girl home when no one else was here. Let me just say I found his sheets in the laundry and I made Dally have a talk with him," I exhaled, "our boy is just 14 and already having sex."

"That's when he found out that he could have had a 20-year-old sister," Dally shook his head.

"Hey, that's all of ours go-to sex prevention story," Two-bit chuckled.

"Happy to be the surrogate," I bowed and we all laughed.

"Okay, group picture everyone!" Madison was setting up a camera while she shuffled everyone around Caroline and Andrew in their cap and gowns.

The picture taking probably took 40 minutes, because by the time we were done we had to leave to make it in time to the graduation. We all shuffled into our cars and followed one another down the street in an ant line.

Our life turned out great. Great family, amazing friends and we're all doing great at raising our kids. As of now, May 1988, me and Dally are married with two kids. Mari and Pony are married with one kid. Carrie and Two-bit are married with one kid. Sodapop is married with two young kids, Johnny is married with one kid, Steve is married with no kids, Jackson is engaged with one kid, Madison is engaged with no kids and Darry is married with nearly three kids, being his wife is pregnant.

We all have our own lives now. None of us are ever in the same place at once and not even all of us get along all the time. But me, Dally, Ponyboy and Two-bit always find ways to hang out one way or another and our kids sure as hell love each other to death. 22 years ago coming into Tulsa with 50 cents in my pocket, I wasn't thinking that I was gonna spend the rest of my life with the boy I was forced to room with.

Dallas Winston. The first time I heard his name, the first time I saw his face and the first time I kissed his lips. He broke my heart, he ruined my life, and he slowly built me back up every time he shot me down. He was somehow always there for me even when it felt like he wasn't. Man, I hated Dallas Winston. But we were roommates. People who came home to see each other every single day for years. Now, our second daughter is moving out. Our first daughter rests peacefully in her grave and our son is out there living his life just like me and Dally did. And with who me and Dally are, I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

-

End of Roommates

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘙𝘖𝘖𝘔𝘔𝘈𝘛𝘌𝘚 (The Outsiders) ·Dallas Winston· [Finished] 🎉