Chapter 45

"Face it, dad! Me and Dally are never getting married, we are never having kids and we are never going to live the life you want me to!" I talked on the phone with my dad as Dally, Jackson, Two-bit, and Ponyboy sat around the bedroom awkwardly. "No. I don't care about the will. Give it all to Jackson and Madison. Disown me, I don't care but me and Dally are going to go by our own rules."

"Charlie-" Dally cut me off, "let me talk," he walked towards me, holding his hand out for the phone.

"I'll marry her," Dally said as soon as he got the phone to his face.

I gasped and glanced around the room, Two-bit, Pony, and Jackson all looked just as shocked as I was. I had to sit down because I felt like I was going to pass out.

"No wedding. No big announcement. You pay for our marriage license, you pay for our rings, and I'll marry her," Dally said to the phone.

"Dally..." I grabbed his arm, "do not do this..."

"Here," he handed the phone back to me.

My dad already sounded happier, "I'll start arranging a courthouse marriage," He said happily, "hunny, I mean, Charlie, I have your mother's old wedding ring. She'd want you to have it."

I sighed, "save it for Jackson's future wife, or Madison when she gets married. I don't want anything more than a silver band. No diamond like mom had. I'm not getting a dress either. And I don't want anyone there. I mean, you and Jackson can be there but no one else." I hung up the phone.

"If it'll make your dad shut up," Dally walked towards me but I moved out of his way.

"You're an idiot. Neither of us can get married! He's gonna want this as soon as possible. I don't even trust you enough to marry you, Dallas!" I whined and sat on Dally's bed.

"Why don't you trust me?" He leaned against the wall.

I scoffed, "don't play dumb."

"Play dumb? The only time I've even been with another girl while I was with you was that time I told you about! You know, that time we broke up because you were sleeping at Matt's place, who, by the way, I was right about?"

"Don't lie to me," I glared at him and shook my head, "New York."

"What about New York?" He walked towards me so I rolled to the other side of the bed and stood up.

The boys started to leave but couldn't because me and Dally ended up blocking the door, "I wasn't going to say anything but I know you were fucking that one chick."

"What the hell are you even talking about?! I never touched any girl!"

I laughed out loud, "you were there for almost nine months, Dallas! You can't tell me you, in all that time you spent without me, weren't getting it on with that girl that always seemed to be around whenever we talked on the phone?!"

"Charlie... I think we should leave-"

"No," I shoved Two-bit away from the door, "stay and see what kind of person your friend is."

"I did not do anything," Dally shook his head and rubbed his hands over his face, "Charlie, you're my girlfriend."

"I was your girlfriend who you got pregnant, abandoned and neglected for 8 months. You can't tell me that there was never a day when that girl walked in on you sucking your own dick and decided to help out," I walked towards him, "I talk to people, Dallas. I get people to tell me things. You had insight on me through all these dickheads but trust me I kept tabs on you too."

"You little bitch-" the guys jumped in front of Dally right before he lunged at me.

"I wasn't gonna say anything because I knew how sexually deprived you must have been without me but lord knows I wasn't getting any action back in Tulsa-"

"So you kept this information for ammunition?!" Dally yelled at me.

"You didn't have to tell my dad that we were ready to get married! I don't want to marry someone who fucking cheats on me!" I lunged at him this time but Ponyboy grabbed me and pinned me against the door.

"I thought marriage is what you wanted!"

"What I wanted was for me and you to have a normal relationship! From the start there has always been some shit going on and god damn it I wanted everything to calm the fuck down and for me and you to have normal conversations and normal dates and a normal sex life," I pushed Ponyboy away from me and started crying. I collapsed myself onto my bed. "But when you can't stop getting with other girls I can't help but think this isn't what you want." I sobbed.

"You're right..." He sighed, "I did hook up with that girl here and there," Dally sat on his bed and Two-bit sat next to me to comfort me. "But it was always with no strings attached. She knew that, and she knew about you and she knew how crazy I am for you. I never even kissed her, we were just having sex."

I wiped my tears, "oh look. I'm all better now. Look, you hear that Two-bit? It was just sex! Jackson, Ponyboy! It was just sex!" I started clapping, "that makes everything better!"

"Come on, Charlie," Dally sighed again, "I never let her kiss me because I wanted to leave your lips as the last lips who came in contact with mine. You're my girlfriend, Charlie. I didn't care about that other girl more than I care about the gum on the bottom of my shoe."

"You're the worst," I used Two's shirt to wipe my eyes, "you have to be the one to break it to my dad that we aren't getting married any time soon. I'll marry you if we're still fucking around together at age 30. I'm almost 19, I can't marry you. Now get the hell out of our room before I break," I opened the door for Dally to leave, then I closed the door and huddled myself into the embrace of Jackson this time.