Chapter 38

"Marianna," I walked over to her and Ponyboy with Dally attached to my hand. "Since the party is ending, you and Pony should come hang with me and Dal at our place."

She looked at Pony who was subtly holding her hand for approval. He nodded his head and we led them out.

At the bar, we stayed downstairs to have a couple drinks before we all went up to mine and Dal's room. We sat on Dally's bed while her and Pony sat on my bed. They talked quietly while me and Dally made out. I heard the talking stop, so I looked towards them and they were kissing.

I nudged Dally, he looked at them and chuckled quietly, grabbed my hand and led me out of the room to leave them alone. We sat by the bar making out for a while, then we left to go fuck around, probably get ourselves into shit. Afterall, we do only have just 3 days left until he leaves.

-

Come morning, we slowly walked into our room, and as expected, Marianna and Ponyboy were asleep under the covers. Dally pulled the curtain open and watched them both spring up, holding the blanket over themsmelves.

"Shit," Ponyboy mumbled, "Darry's gonna kill me... What time is it?"

"Almost 11," I chuckled, "I already talked to him. We slept at your place since you two had it going on in here," I grinned at them both.

"My dad is gonna kill me," Marianna brushed her hand through her hair and sighed, "can I borrow some clothes? I promise I'll return them."

"Yeah," I went to my closet and pulled out a t-shirt and jeans, "we can take you home in our friend's car, right Dal?" I looked over and Dally was already asleep on his bed. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"I'll call my brother to come pick us up."

She got dressed under the covers, "so, you and him just live together?"

"We have for quite sometime now," I looked at Dally for a long moment, "we were friends before we were dating, so it works."

"I wish I had that independence," she got out of bed and handed Ponyboy his clothes so he could get dressed.

"Well, my dad is an ass so I left. It ain't all fun and games," I walked over to the phone to call Jackson.

When Jackson got here, I woke up Dally, went downstairs with Pony and Marainna and she started giving directions to Jackson to her house. In the car, I explained our whole friend group situation, the gang, how we've stayed tight even though I went between Sodapop and Dally for quite some time.

"Bye, Ponyboy, bye Charlie," she got out of the car. "Nice to meet you, Jackson."

We all waved her goodbye and Jackson drove off. "Hey, I heard about Dally," Jackson looked at me in the passenger seat, "are you good?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't like thinking about it. He won't even tell me why he's leaving."

"He won't tell us either, Charlie. We think he owed someone a favor, that someone needs a job done and called Dally to do it for them."

"Like a hitman?" I looked back at Pony.

"Could be. I mean, Dally is capable of a lot..."

I shook my head and stared out the window, "I have to convince him to stay..."

-

I crawled into Dally's bed and kissed his neck gently until he woke up. His arms wrapped around my body and he pulled me in tight, until I winced because of the cut on my arm. He rolled me over so that arm was facing upward, and he already had a boner.

"You're exhausting," I smiled against his neck and started giving him a hickey.

He moved the hair out of my eyes and smiled, "we need to make the most of our time."

"By having sex?" I sat up, straddling his waist with my hands on his chest.

"Mmm," he grinned, "how many times in a day is too many times?"

"Let's find out," I pulled my shirt over my head and kissed his lips.

-

"We gotta get up sometime," Dally muttered in my ear and ran his hand through my hair.

"One more," I rolled back on top of him and Dally cocked an eyebrow.

"Guy's can't go for that long, darlin'," he sat up and kissed my lips, "I have no more in me for now, check back in later."

"Please," I pouted and crossed my arms.

He sighed, "you never act like this, you're always a one and done kind of girl. What's up?"

I shrugged, "I really like-"

"No, what's actually going on?" he made me look at him.

I started tearing up even though I didn't want to, "I just want to spend time with you before you leave, but whenever we leave the house you just treat me like one of the guys."

He didn't say anything for a couple seconds then spoke, "I like keeping our relationship in here. I'm around you more than I am anyone else, doll, we've gone through hell and back together."

"It just doesn't make sense to me. When we're at Pony's house, you only ever talk to them and you barely even glance at me. At parties you go off to have fun and leave me all alone unless you need something from me," I got off his lap and wrapped his blanket around me. "I love you, but it gets harder to justify this relationship when you seem ashamed to be with me in public."

"Baby, I'm not ashamed. You're everything a guy could want. I'm just not one to flaunt a relationship. Last time I did that was when you got in that fight with Sylvia the first time."

"You were always quick to bring your last girl around," I sat in the chair.

"I only brought her around when I knew Matt was around, baby. Trust me I never even talked about her to the guys. When I told y'all I dumped her, Steve said he didn't even know her name. But the guys are always telling you how much I talk about you," he sat up and put jeans on.

"I think I'm just..." I thought for a moment, "I just don't want you to go." Dally didn't say anything at all. "Please don't go..."

"I have no choice," he walked over to me and kissed my head, "before I leave I'll take you on a date to make up for it, alright?" I nodded my head and stood up to hug him. We then took a shower together, he changed my bandages for me and we got dressed to go hang out with Ponyboy and Marianna.