Chapter 55

5 years later, July

-

"Mommy, you look pretty," my daughter sat on the bathroom counter as I got ready for mine and Dally's trip to the courthouse to say our "I do"'s.

I smiled at my little brunette daughter with a smile on my face, "you look pretty too, mammas," I lifted her up and gave her a kiss, "wanna go tell daddy that we're ready?"

"Yeah," she bounced in my arms and giggled as I set her on her feet, "daddy!" She hollered as she ran out of my bedroom, down the hall to the living room to probably jump onto him.

I chuckled and faced the mirror again. I adjusted my necklace, rubbed my lips together and stared at my blank white dress. It's no wedding dress, but it's the nicest one my dad could find, of course with the help of Marianna and Madison.

"I got word that you're ready," Dally wrapped his arms around my waist and tucked his face into my neck. "You look good, Charlie."

"Caroline's excited," I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, "this is the first time I've seen you dressed so nice."

He smiled and kissed my lips, "we're gonna be late if we don't leave now."

"You have my mom's ring?" I felt around in his tux pockets but before I got too far he grabbed my hands.

"I have everything taken care of. Go get in the car with Candy," he wiped my brown hair out of my face and kissed my forehead as he gently shoved me out of the bathroom.

-

I looked into the eyes of my now-husband for just a couple seconds before our lips met and sealed our marriage. With only my dad, daughter and siblings watching us, they clapped and Caroline bounced in her seat as she giggled happily.

"I have news," I muttered quietly against Dally's lips, "I'm pregnant." Dally's eyes showed more of a look of panic, but he hugged me and kissed my neck.

"Candy needs someone anyway," I felt him smile against my skin so I knew we were gonna be okay. Caroline jumped into me and Dally to join the hug. "We're stopping at this one." Dally made eyes at me and shook his head.

I should explain our daughter's name. Dally's mom name was Candice, but she went by Candy before she passed away. My mom's name was Caroline. Together we couldn't think of a name to honor both of our mother's, so on her birth certificate, it says Caroline Candy Winston-Coors. I mostly refer to her as Caroline and everyone else mostly uses her middle name, Candy. When people ask her last name, we say Winston. But we wanted both of our last names to be on there.

-

"I've never seen a ring so pretty," Marianna held my hand close to her face and Ponyboy sat across the room talking to Dally and Two-bit. Two-bit's girlfriend Carrie was also sitting with us.

"It's my mom's," I adjusted it on my finger, "thank you."

"I have news," Carrie grabbed both mine and Marianna's hands, "me and Two-bit are pregnant."

Marianna's mouth dropped, but I squealed happily, "no way!" I quieted down and whispered, "I just told Dally that I'm pregnant."

Marianna looked at me then at Carrie, "you guys," she teared up, "I told Ponyboy a couple weeks ago that I'm pregnant."

All three of us squealed and jumped into a hug. This means I'm probably furthest along, then Marianna, then Carrie. I'm already two months pregnant, I just held off of telling Dally because I wanted the right moment.

"What the heavens is going on over here?" the boys approached us. Dally was still in his tux, and man is he handsome in it.

"We're all pregnant!" Carrie cheered and lunged towards Ponyboy and Dally to give them both hugs.

Two-bit looked at me, "I wanted to tell you," he smiled and invited me in for a hug, "congratulations. Dal told me already."

I hugged him tightly, "when are you proposing?" I whispered.

"Next week," he chuckled and shook his head, "keep your mouth shut." He ruffled my hair and handed me off to Ponyboy so I could hug him.

"Our little Ponyboy is all grown up," I gave him a hug, "I'm proud of you, Pone."

"A second kid? How did Dal manage to get this far ahead of any of us?" Ponyboy laughed.

I fixed Pony's hair, "because we like sex," I winked and he made a face. "This one wasn't planned either, but I'm glad he didn't freak out."

"Ours was planned. We've been trying for a couple months but nothing happened until recently. Marianna wasn't supposed to tell anyone yet but I can see why she did."

"Our kids are gonna grow up together," I looked at the rest of them, "I love you guys." Dally pulled me in for a kiss.

-

"Candy, guess what?" Dally lifted our daughter onto his lap.

"Huh?" She was a little distracted with the barbie she had in her hand so I took it away.

"Mommy's pregnant," I made her look at me, "I'm having a baby."

"Baby?" She tilted her head. "Like my dolls!"

"Mommas," Dally lifted my shirt and pointed at my stomach, "there's a baby in there. A little tiny brother or sister just for you."

"For me?!" She hopped up and down and jumped off of Dally's lap to run around the room.

I looked at Dally and moved myself closer to him, "we're gonna have our hands full."

Dally put his arm around my shoulders, "savor these moments without a baby," he watched our daughter pick up some toys to dance around with them in her hands. "Ten years ago, this life never would have crossed my mind. Hell, ten years ago I would have thought to have myself either dead or in prison by now."

"I can't believe I almost married Matt," I shook my head and me and Dally both stood up, "you're the obvious choice."

"Shush and pick up her toys, I'll get her in bed," Dally kissed my lips and grabbed Caroline, swung her over his shoulder and walked down the hall as she screamed for help from me.

I sat on the couch with a smile on my face. I'm living the life I want, with the guy of my dreams. He won't ever say that he loves me, but I know he does. And he loves our daughter and I know for sure he'll love our new baby. Life's great.