Chapter 17

Zeke's Pov

    "You're a horrible liar," said Casper. "I have no idea how none of them realized you were lying." "So obviously my acting has improved," I said insulted. "So what were you lying about then?" "I didn't." "Dude you literally just admitted you were lying before!" I slapped my face, why am I so dumb? "Where are we even waking to?" I ask desperately trying to change the subject. "You obviously are hiding something you're the one that wanted to leave." "Well I guess we're going home since we're heading in that direction," I say while laughing nervously. "Don't think you can make this awkward to get out of it, Zeke. You can't just avoid me either I live with you and I'm your partner." "Fine I really thought I wasn't going to ever tell anyone this, but I've known (Y/n) (l/n) since she was six." "What!" Exclaimed Casper. "Yeah, I didn't realize before it was her. I had tried so hard to forget her. Before when I met her in Magnolia, I helped her only because her name and face were so familiar. Later on, I realized she looked like (y/n), but I didn't think she was (y/n) because she wasn't a wizard or that's what I thought. I know I'm clueless and just straight up dumb, but it had been so long I thought it would be impossible to see her again. I thought it was all a coincidence. " 

   "It can't be that bad, would you just get to the point already!" "Casper! You're ruining my dramatic effect I'm trying to create," "Oh my gosh." said Casper while rolling his eyes. "Anyway when my dragon Rokashia disappeared on July 7, 777 I was so confused, but I knew if I wanted to survive I needed to find civilization. I was only 7 but I had a brain." "I wondered what happened then?" snarked Casper. "You're one to talk," I responded quickly. "Screw off!" said Casper. "Can I continue the story now?" "Yeah go ahead I thought that comment was necessary." "Well maybe if you would let me talk the story would be almost over." "Okay, I'll shut up, continue." 

   "Eventually I got to a village. At first, I thought I was the only one with magic but then I met (y/n).  She was always by herself, so I always wanted to introduce myself, but she always stared at the ground. I asked someone about her and they said she had lived there for a while but was always a loner so no one really knew her that well. I kept walking up to her and trying to say "Hi," but she would always walk away. One day I saw her crying by the well at the village. I asked her what was wrong she said she wanted to make friends but she didn't know how and she was scared she would be rejected. I told her I would be her friend. Then for the first time, she actually looked up and smiled and I saw her (e/c) eyes. After that, we talked a lot more and it turns out we had a lot in common. We were both raised by dragons! I asked if her dragon had disappeared too, but her dragon had been killed.  I asked what her dragon's name was and she said it was Yedda. As soon as she said her name I recognized it. She was the Queen of all the Dragons. Which meant (y/n) had to be her child. My father had never liked her mom, but her child didn't seem too bad.

   I asked what kind of magic she had and she called herself an ultimate dragonslayer. She could use any element that any other dragon could. I tried fighting her once, but I was completely destroyed. For a while everything was great and everyone in the village took care of us. But when I was 8 and (y/n) was 7 these horrible people came and burned down the village. They kept screaming they wanted the slayers. The people tried hiding us, but the eventually found us. They captured and took us to a group of a bunch of other kids from our village. The questioned us one-by-one telling them to prove they were slayers if they couldn't they were killed. So me and (y/n) were forced to show our magic. We were the only kids that were still alive from our village we had to watch as they killed all our friends. 

   Then they took us back to their camp there were 6 other kids there. They explained to us we were part of the Slayer Project. 4 of them were godslayers and the other 2 were demonslayers. At the beginning they treated us really nicely, but only to earn our trust. Then slowly they began to change. If we didn't follow their instructions and rules they would beat us and once a week they put us in a machine to artificially increase our magic power. Everyone wanted to leave, but the only reason I was able to keep going is that some nights when we had the strength to talk we would talk to each other in our small dirt cabins.

   Axel who was 12 was the oldest in the group. He was kind of like an older brother to us. He was a lighting godslayer. Then there was Naili who was 8. She was a fire demonslayer. She was always a bit short temper but I'm sure she loved all of us. Lastly there was Marbel she was 8 and a water godslayer. She had the prettiest light brown hair and blue eyes. I remember I used to have a crush on her and (y/n) was so jealous of her. It was extremely obvious. Unfortunately I was never really able to know the rest of them. They had strick rules on keeping the two groups separate so we couldn't rebel. Oh yeah of course (y/n) was in our group, she was the baby of the group, but by far the most powerful. She was always trained twice as hard as us and they increased her magic power to dangerously powerful levels. They had plans to make her the leader of the Slayer Army so she needed to be strong and have absolute loyalty.

They did this all in the name of Zeref. I won't explain their plan it was just too brutal. Axel always swore he would get us out one day, he probably could have too if it weren't for the brackets they had us were. They restricted our magic to levels so low we were barely alive, but when they took them off we got all our power back.

   After about three year we were all growing up, but I never got used to the way they treated us. One day when we were getting near the end of our training they wanted to test (y/n)'s power." The memories were all so vivid it's like I was there. It's like I was a helpless 12 year old again. "Zeke? You okay? Your crying you never cry." "Honestly Casper, no. I did nothing I just watched. It's all my fault." "What are you talking about?" I opened the door to my apartment. "I'm too tired, I need to go to bed." I began walking towards my bed. "But it's the middle of the day?" "I'll finish the story tomorrow I don't want to talk about it anymore."