Chapter 26

(Y/n) pov

When I saw Zeke I realized how much I missed hanging out with him. I went to his door and knocked on it to see if he wanted to go on a job. He didn't answer. He's probably not home right now. I guess I could go with Tarek. I went over to Saber to see if he wanted to do a job. "Can people from two different guilds even do that?" He asked. "I don't see why we couldn't. We can take a job from Sabertooth this week and next time a job from Fairy Tail. Then you can meet everyone." I said cheerfully.

"How good are you with magic?" Tarek asked curiously. "I think I have improved especially for knowing nothing half a year ago." "She's really good with magic, probably better than me!" Sting yelled from across the room. "Sorry couldn't help but overhear with my dragon ears and all." He said laughing. Tarek jokingly rolled his eyes. "Hey, I'm your guild master!" Teased Sting. "Oh right sorry Senpai," Tarek responded laughing.

"Anyway," he continued. "Let's take an easy job since it's our first time working together." "Ummm what about this one," I said pointing to a job. "Nah that's not enough of a challenge." He said. "You said easy!" "Yeah, but not that easy." "What about this?" He said pointing to another job. It said to get rid of a monkey infestation. "Bruh what's with Sabertooth and these weird jobs?!" "Like Fairy Tail doesn't get at least a few of these." "No in a million years, but whatever let's just take it," I say.

"You need help?" Asked Sting. "It's an infestation of monkeys. I think we're good." I responded. "Okay, good luck." He said. "Don't let those monkeys get you!" I chuckled and left. "Does the job give any details?" I asked while we walked there." "Nope, it says to talk to the mayor for details." "I'm sorry." He said. "What?" He sighed heavily. "We have to take the train if we want this to be over in a day." "Noooo," "Come on I don't want to do this anymore than you." He dragged me over to the train station.

When we got on the train I didn't say anything because of motion sickness. Yay. When we got off I felt so much better. "Was it that bad?" He asked. "Yes, and you know it!" "One of the few cons of being a dragonslayer. I'm kind of used to it now with Sting and Rogue." When we walked out I could hear the loud monkeys. "Ahh! My ears!" I said while covering my ears. "I know right."

When we walked through the town and saw monkeys swing through the houses and destroying people's homes. "They weren't joking when they said infestation," said Tarek. "Yeah, no kidding. I can't wait to get rid of some monkeys." I said while cracking my knuckles.

When we walked into the mayor's office there were monkeys everywhere. Crawling through windows and on the floor. "We're here to help," said Tarek. "Oh thank goodness." "Say no more we're here to exterminate these monkeys," I said enthusiastically. "No, no! We don't want our town destroyed also I don't want to see any harm coming to these monkeys." "That should be no.." "What?!" I cut him off. "I'm a freaking member of Fairy Tail and you want me to not punch something. It's like my specialty!" "That's why we didn't ask for Fairy Tail. If you two are from there then please just leave." "I'm a member of Sabertooth and we'll be able to get rid of your monkey problem with no harm to your town," said Tarek.

"Fine then what are we supposed to do though?" I say giving up. "That's why we hired you, you guys are supposed to be one a Fiore's best guilds." "And we can." continued Tarek. He then began to subtly push me out. "Thank you we'll be gone before the end of the day."

"What are we going to do?" I asked. "For you and me this is going to be a breeze." He said while running ahead. I began to run too to catch up. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Getting to the center of the town. We can just use a spell to make all the monkeys sleep. You can easily do this yourself your range is way bigger than this town?" "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "I can barely go 20 feet." He made a face that you make when you just accidentally spilled a big secret. "Oh...I...nevermind."

"I know what you are doing." "You do?" He said nervously. "So you do still have..." he mumbled lowly, but I interrupted him to save time. "You just want to encourage me," I say punching him in the arm. He put his hand over where I punched him. "Yeah haha you caught me." "Sorry about that punch, I'm used to Zeke's pain tolerance." "No, it's fine it didn't hurt at all." "It didn't?" I say with a sad look. "Actually it did! A lot your so strong." "Would you just stop it already," I say punching him again. "Stop what?" "Being fake just be yourself around me its been like a month let your guard down already. I promise I'm not scary." I say.

When we got to the center Tarek used he's sleeping spell and it got about half the town and I went and put to sleep the ones he missed. Then once they were all asleep we raced to see who could collect the most. I used my fire magic at rocket boosters. "Hey no fair, if we can do that then I'll use my magic." "No one said you couldn't," I called back. Tarek used his support magic on himself. "I didn't know you could do that." "I'm special!" "You sure are," I said back. "Thanks," he said rolling his eyes. "You know it!" I counted 527 monkeys for me. What about you?" "Umm..." "It's okay," I say giving him a pat on the back. "I got only... 600. Haha! I got you!" He said laughing.

(Y/n)'s face

"Come on we need to take them far away before they wake up

"Come on we need to take them far away before they wake up." He said. I grabbed 10 at a time and spread them all around so they wouldn't meet up again. That part took forever. After we finished the mayor thanked us over and over again and gave us our reward. Then we had to take the dreaded train.

When we got back to Sabertooth. It was already pretty late. I was kind of close to Zeke's house maybe I should stop by maybe he's sick. I knocked and again no one answered. I wonder why he's not answering? Maybe it's just a late job... No, it's not; they would have told me. He's just not answering me isn't he! Then I yelled at his door.

"You know what, Zeke whatever your last name is if you want to be like this then fine! I don't care anymore! I had a fun time with Tarek anyway. Come talk to me when you don't have a stick up your ass!" Then I walked away. He might have not even been there but it hurt.