Chapter 31

(Y/n) pov

It seems like this maze would never end. Every turn we took either lead to a dead end or another fork. "How much longer?" Wined Zeke. "We have to keep going, otherwise we'll never get out." "Do you think the others have found the key?" asked Tarek. "Nah, they would have given a signal." "Maybe we'll be the ones to find it and then we can get the majority of the reward!" said Zeke excitedly.

"Don't you think all of this a little weird?" I ask. "Yeah, but we have Erza and Gray with us," said Zeke. "True I don't know though I feel like we're going to get scammed." "Then we'll have to beat the money out of him!" "Tarek!" I said while pushing him. "We can't beat a 60-year-old man!" "It was a joke!" "Well, he is kind of weird," said Zeke. "I guess..." "What now you agree?!" "What a girl can change her mind." "Oh my god," Tarek said making a salty face. "Haha!" Snickered Zeke.

"Can't we take a break?" Tarek began to wine. "Do you want to rot in a maze?" I said sharply. "Jeeze okay!" "That's what I thought." "When did she get so cutthroat?" Tarek whispered to Zeke. "Whenever anything has to do with money and a challenge she goes all military general." "I can hear you! You big jerks!" "RUNN!!!" screamed Zeke.

" "I can hear you! You big jerks!" "RUNN!!!" screamed Zeke

(Y/n) screaming while chasing after Zeke and Tarek

"So what if I'm a little more motivated when money is involved. At least I'm not winning every five seconds! Come back here you big jerks!"

Erza pov

Is there even an exit to this maze? Maybe this was all a trap. We probably shouldn't have gone here. Can the kids even handle this? No, like Gray said I got to have faith in them. Then I came to another fork. I'll take the left this time. I walked down it for a while, I thought it was going to lead to a dead end, but then it opened up and there was an opening in the shape of a square. What's the point of this? I started to turn around but then I heard a large thud. I quickly reequipped and swung my sword behind me.

"Hey..." said a very shy sounding voice. "It's not very nice to do that to a stranger." I turned around and saw a girl standing behind me. She was no more than 5' 2" and she looked like a combo of 16 and 12. "I'm sorry can't fight a kid." "I'm 16! I get this all the time!" "..." "It doesn't matter, you won't have to fight me." "Are you on our side?" I asked. She turned her head to the side and laughed. "Nope its because I'll kill you before you can lay a single hand on me." This girl's voice doesn't match her confidence.

Then she charged me. I required to soaring armor and jumped in the air to dodge. "Oh I see you use requipt magic, but you broke the first rule though never show your magic to your opponent unless necessary. You see if I had magic to counteract that you would have lost, but I don't so your'e lucky on that one. You doing that means your either dumb or you see me as worthy. Seeing your actions when I attempted to sneak attacked you I would say you find me worthy and for that I thank you." She bowed. I was so confused about how a girl like her was so smart about fighting. Everything she said was true. "Seeing that you're a talented mage I won't hold back despite your age." I say
"I would expect nothing less..." I began to charge with my sword, but it looked like she wasn't even going to dodge. "Erza Scarlet the Titania." I stopped in surprise. "What...how do you..." She kicked me in the face and she was extremely strong even without magic. I was knocked back and held on the ground and left a 4-foot rut in the ground.

"Were you going to ask me how I know? I'll answer for you. I know a lot of things about you. From my eyes, but what would be the fun if I told you what I knew?" What kind of magic does this girl use? I quickly required to purgatory amour. I jumped in the air and hit the ground obviously she dodged. Then I quickly requipped to flying amour and attacked her from the side causing her to fall on the ground. "You're no match for me to surrender while you still can," I said pointing my sword to her. Then she pushed my sword to the side. "I have to admit I underestimated you, your requipt magic is fast and your smart, I guess I see you worthy of magic. She began to light up and a blue Aurora surrounded her. And a giant grin appeared on her face. "Now it's time to end this." She said except any once of meekness in her voice was gone.

She kicked my sword out of my hand and in a matter of a second hit me from the side than in front of me. Then she uppercut me. It was all so fast I didn't have time to react in fact I couldn't even see her I just felt the pain. When she uppercut me it caused me to fly in the air before I could even do anything I heard it "Roar of the water god!" It hit me and it sent me flying backward. Going through each bush. They scratched me and tore at my clothes. If she never said that it would have been a completely different battle. She came over to me. I was still embedded in the dirt. She held out a magic sword made out of water. "How quickly the tables have turned." She held it up to my throat with a look of triumph. "Still think I'm no match,Titania?"