Chapter 40

(A/n): You probably want to put the song on repeat.

Tarek pov

It's been a day and I already regret what I said. "Hey, Tarek," said Rogue taking the seat by me. "Hey," I said not lifting my head. "What happened, ever since yesterday you seem to not be yourself." I didn't say anything. "Just an off day?" "Yeah, I guess... Okay honestly it's not it's (y/n)." "(Y/n)?" "Yeah, we got into a fight yesterday and it went a little over the top."

"What happened?" I looked up "When did Sting get here?" "I'm the guild master which means when anyone that's a member of my guild has a problem it's my problem." "Okay, well it got really out of hand and (y/n) sort of threw a table at me and I kind of sort of destroyed an expensive necklace." 

"Oh, no," said Rogue facepalming. "Did you start the fight?" asked Sting. "Umm maybe..." "Then you need to go over and apologize," said Rogue. "Yeah he's right," "Okay, Thanks guys," "Yeah of course," said Sting.

I went over to (Y/n) and Lucy's house. I had a bouquet of flowers with me. I knocked and a guy with cherry blossom hair answered. I was guessing he was Natsu. "Who are you?" he said. "I'm Tarek." "Oh, you're Tarek." "Is (Y/n) here?" "No, she went out with Zeke." "Oh okay, thanks," I walked back out and threw the flowers on the ground. Why do I even try?

(Y/n) pov

"That movie was awesome!" "Yeah! I could watch it again!" "Same!" Zeke said. "We still have plenty of daylight left, what do you want to do?" asked Zeke. "Umm, you want to go to the park?" "Sure," We walked to the park and we sat on a bench. It was April and all the cherry trees were blossoming.

 It was April and all the cherry trees were blossoming

"Brrr it's cold," I said shivering. "Here take my jacket," Zeke said starting to take off his hoodie. I stopped him. "It's fine you'll be cold then." I climbed up to a picnic table and broke off a branch and set it on fire. To make a makeshift torch and set it against the metal bench. "There, don't worry if it catches on fire, I'll put it out with water."

After that, we talked and told jokes until the sun started to set. We left the bench and went up a hill and I took the torch with us. We sat on the hill and I sat with my knees against my chest so I didn't freeze. But no matter what I couldn't stop thinking about it, I had to ask him. "Why have you been so distant recently?" I asked cautiously. Zeke's face looked surprised "What do you mean?" "Like when I knocked on your door, you didn't even answer." "I wasn't feeling well." His reply seemed very rehearsed. "Why didn't you call me then you know I could have healed you." "I guess I wasn't thinking clearly." I sighed. "Well, at least you're better now."

"What about you? Why did you actually decide to hang out with me?" "Well I'll be honest with you, me and Tarek are fighting and I thought how it had been about a month since the last time we hung out together so I wanted to again." "Oh, I'm sorry you and Tarek aren't working out." "It's okay, I don't know anymore," I said with a sigh it was so cold you could see my breath. "Let's talk about something happier," I said smiling.

 "I think we should plan for another job that gets lots of money," I said with excitement. "Yeah, with everyone on team Natsu," Zeke started to sound more upbeat. "We haven't gone on a job with everyone in team Natsu in ages." "I can already see it, 100 million jewels for some kind of fun adventure. You and me kicking butt along with Natsu and Lucy, Erza and Gray, and Wendy!" I said raising my fist in the air. "Yeah, what about Tarek?" He asked. Ugh, I didn't even want to think about him. "Don't worry about him he's a member of Sabertooth anyway."

It was pitch black at this point. With only the torch illuminating a small area around us. "Hey want to see something cool?" I asked standing up. "Sure." I put out the fire and screamed: "Fireworks!" I let fire and ice into the air with lighting. The ice glittered from the lighting and fire. I sat down next to Zeke and we looked up. The fire lit up Zeke's face and I could see a genuine smile. The fire eventually melted the ice and it began to rain. "Runnn!!" I screamed. I used ice to make an umbrella, but the rain melted it. Zeke took off his jacket and put it above our heads to block the rain. We ran under a gazebo. I started to lit the fireplace and we sat by it to dry our clothes. 

I saw myself in the refection of a puddle and then I saw that all my makeup was running down my face and I just started to laugh uncontrollably. I don't know why I think it was from a mix of emotions I didn't know how to deal with. "What's so funny?" He asked standing next to me. "It's just my face looks like I have been crying for years." Zeke began to laugh a little too, "You're not wrong!" The rain started to die down and it was just a light sprinkle. Then I saw it in the corner of my eye. 

"Hey, that's the wishing well!" I said pointing over. 

"Come on!" I said pulling him over

"Come on!" I said pulling him over. "This brings back so many memories," I said taking a deep breath. "Yeah," "This is where my life pretty much changed, almost a year ago." "It's just a well." "Yeah, I guess it is pretty magical." I say completely ignoring him."Did you not hear me?" "This well really does make wishes come true." I continue my deep sounding monologue."Why do I even bother anymore." I started to laugh. "Because you're Zeke," I say smiling. "You have any coins for us to make a wish?" "Yeah, I think so," Zeke fished through his pocket. "Here," he said handing me a coin.

I closed my eyes. I wished that I would one day be happy and be together with the perfect person for me. Then I threw the coin in and Zeke did too shortly after. "What did you wish for?" He asked. "You know how wishes work, but I'll tell you if you tell me first," I responded. 

Zeke pov

When (y/n) said that I looked up, her face had makeup running down it and water from all the rain and then the wind suddenly picked up and the cherry blossoms swirled around her and her hair blew in the breeze. It was like a scene from a movie.

"Come on tell me!" She said smiling

"Come on tell me!" She said smiling. It's now or never... "I wished that you would love me back!" I blurted.

(A/n): Ladies and gentlemen that is the end of At the Wishing Well! Don't worry there will be a second book, but not for a while since I want to try writing a different story. Thank you to everyone who read this story I really appreciate it! Also, I hope you enjoyed the story.