Chapter 1

Imma get right into the story cause it's a lot to cover and as a reader AND writer, I know I be wanting stuff to get straight to the point.

#&$&#&$&$&#&$&$&#&$&$&#

EDIT: ALRIGHT IMMA MAKE THIS CLEAR BEFORE SOME OF YALL TRY IT WITH ME!

When I wrote this book, I wrote with my fingers moving on their own so some things may be repeated because I didn't go back and re-read before I continued a chapter. That's my fault, I still gotta edit the book but in one go to keep the chapters fresh in my mind.

Therefore, it might be lil jokey jokes y'all be taking too serious, it might be statements repeated to make clear like Anaya stay stating she not fully black. I honestly don't know where tf I was going with that statement but it was accidental and it will get edited one day. Y'all, this really just a book and I understand y'all might not agree with actions or comments IN REAL LIFE, but this is fairytale with a hint of realness. Please just be calm, cool, and collected. It's all love 😊.

"ANAYA!" I heard my dad calling my name from downstairs.

"YESSSS??" I called back.

"GET DRESSED AND BE DOWN HERE IN 30 MINUTES!" He told me.

I frowned and looked at the time.

10am.

What the hell for?

Sighing, I closed my laptop and threw it to the side before getting out of bed and going to my bathroom.

Taking off my robe and putting it behind the door, I took off my underwear and threw them in the hamper before turning on the shower and going to the mirror, putting my hair up in a high bun.

"WHERE ARE WE GOING!?" I shouted out my bathroom.

"LOOK PRESENTABLE!" Was his answer.

Don't I always? The hell?

*25 minutes later*

I walked out of my room with a towel on and went to my closet, looking for something to wear.

"Alexa! What's the weather today?" I asked

"... today's high is 78 degree with a low of 72 degrees" She told me.

(Never asked Alexa for the weather a day in my life).

Well okay.

Dress it is.

I decided on a two piece and quickly put some baby oil on before putting the dress on with some heels and letting my hair down, raking my hands through it.

Grabbing my phone and portable charger, I put it in my purse and then left my room, closing the door.

"Dad, where are we going?" I asked while walking down the stairs, holding the rail.

I didn't see him in the living or dining room so I went to the kitchen and there the man was, eating some eggs and drinking wine.

"Come sit down" He said, looking up at me.

By the way he was looking, I can tell he was nervous and apologetic.

For what?

I sat down next to him and put my purse in my lap.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You know I lost my job a couple weeks ago, losing our companies as well and you gave away your college money, right?" He asked.