Chapter 4

*Anaya's POV*

It's a new day.

Yesterday.......was amazing.

But then I remembered why I was even granted the chance to be around White.

He's taking my virginity.

But you know what.... he's ok. I'm not even mad at him. He doesn't want to do it. If I say no, he wouldn't do it. So I'm letting myself be open and respectful to him.

My father...now that's a different story.

He's the reason me and White were put into this situation because he doesn't want to put his pride aside for a while to raise enough money so he could build his reputation back up.

So as of right now, I'm not on speaking terms with my father. It's not about me being childish, immature, whatever.

None of that.

It's the fact that he would rather sell his daughter than get a high paying job to raise money.

That's not right to me and it's gonna take time for me to forgive him.

Even though I'm the forgiving type.

But this is betrayal and disrespectful and......wrong.

He got his parenting all fucked up.

The fuck.

But anyways, I was at home getting ready for work. I was a graduate out of high school already and was working as a waitress at a small but popular café.

I get paid a generous amount of money but not enough to help with the house, my personal needs, and everything else needed.

Say I make $3,000 a month.

$2k goes to the rent and utilities (mind you, we had to move out of our old house because rent was too high after dad lost his companies).

$300 goes to the groceries.

$100 goes to cleaning supplies (laundry detergent, dish washing liquid, etc etc)

$50 to toiletries (tampons, panty liners, toilet paper, soap, towels, etc)

And the rest is for me.

I usually save because I already have enough clothes (being I rarely go anywhere) and I don't wear a lot of makeup or hair products.

But ever since dad lost his job, everything in my savings has been in use.

Life is unexpected.

Yes, I pay for everything in this house.

Dad claims he has no money and I half-believe him being that he's been gambling and drinking more often.

So technically, dad's the stay-at-home parent while I work and get things done so there's nothing to worry about.

Reason why he's seeking more money is not only because he wants his business back but because rent did go up and so did taxes and now....we have to ration everything.

Dad hates rationing even though money's tight.

That man.....I cannot wait to leave and get away from him, I'm not sorry.

The house phone rung, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good morning, Anaya" I heard that deep voice and smiled lightly.

"Good morning, White. How are you?" I asked.

"Coo. You?" He asked.

"I'm ok. Getting ready for work" I told him, putting the phone between my shoulder and ear.