Too Many Secrets {5}

Hey guys! Whoa this is weird! hahaha well this is a new part and I wld love to hear what you all think! Also I know you might be happy to kno im uploading the sequel to "Leah's Secret" XD

So check it out if you read "Leah's Secret" it's coming and if u havent check it out?? Great:D thanks!

COMMENT? VOTE? FAN? thanks!

cheesehead

Chapter Five

Jodie

          "Warren," I muttered breathlessly, pulling away from his warm lips, "What're you doing here?"

          Another warm smile lit Warren's face. "I came to see my beautiful girls," He answered, before kissing me again. He came to see me! I chanted in my head, He came to see his beautiful.....what?

          I pulled away when I quickly realized he wasn't just talking about me. "What do you mean...girls?" I whispered, pulling my arms from around his body.

          "You and Anna May," Warren chuckled.

          I blushed, and turned my head. How could I be so stupid? Warren would never come to see me! He just wants to see Anna again! I knew it. "Well she's not here," I muttered, trying to wiggle my way from between him and his car. I didn't look at him either.

          "Joey," He chuckled, using his old pet name.

          My scowl deepened. "Don't call me that," I ordered. I pushed on his chest to get him away, but he just held my hands tightly. He put them into one hand and then used his other hand to lift up my chin.

          "Joey," He repeated, "There's no need to be upset. I came to see you. I just want to see how you're sisters doing too."

          I was softened a little by his words, but I knew the way Warren worked. "Well you can't," I snapped.

          Warren gently kissed my cheek, and then the side of my face, and then below my ear. "Jodie," he whispered, as he continued to pepper kisses up and down my neck.

          "It's not working War," I lied, biting my lip.

          Warren chuckled and pulled away. "I just want to see how she is," Warren insisted, "I feel bad. I mean between what happened with us and the fact that I had to leave while she still wasn't doing well."

          I shrugged, "She probably doesn't even remember you."

          "But I need to see her," Warren pleaded. A flare of jealousy burned through me. I blushed and turned my head away.

          "I'm going to be late," I grumbled.

          Warren laughed loudly, and grabbed my chin so I would look at him again. "Please?" He asked. No fair! He was using his puppy dog eyes on me.

          "Fine," I snapped, "But I'm driving!"

          "Can you even drive yet pumpkin?" Warren chuckled. God! Why was everyone so obsessed with having nicknames for me??

          "No," I grumbled.

          "Then I'm driving," He smiled, "Get in the car." I crossed my arms over my chest, and stormed to the other side of the car like a little girl. When I pulled on the door handle it was locked.

          "War," I groaned, turning to look at him. Before I could finish what I was saying, his lips swooped down and kissed me. I kissed him back, my arms going around his neck again and pulling him closer to me.

          He pulled away with a warm smile. "Don't be mad," He pleaded. I smiled to.

          "Never," I told him.

          Warren kissed my forehead before unlocking my car door. I got in and he walked around and got in the driver's side. "I missed you," He reminded me.

          "I missed you too," I smiled.

          Warren pulled out of the school parking lot and started driving down the main road. He took his hand off the steering wheel and laced his fingers with mine. I smiled down at them, and then looked up at Warren. He was so handsome, and he had come to see me!! I wanted to jump up and down but that would be childish and Warren hated it when I acted like that.

          "So how's college?" I asked, trying to avoid the silence.

          "A lot of work," He sighed, "But I guess it'll be worth it in the end."

          "You know it will be," I chuckled.

          "And how about you?" He asked, "Anything new or special going on?"

          "No," I shrugged, and then a thought occurred to me. "Hey, have you talked with Jen or Felix at all?"

          Warren went stiff, his hand tightening over mine. I pulled my eyebrows together and stared at him with curiosity. "Well have you?" I pressed.

          "No," I grumbled.

          "And why not?" I asked, "They were your best friends."

          "Were," Warren pointed out.

          "Well why were?" I asked.

          Warren sighed loudly. "Anna May was the glue that held us together," War explained, "Felix hated my guts and Jen was really timid, so without Anna May there we just didn't mesh together anymore."

          "That's a shame," I grumbled.

          Warren just shrugged and turned the car. I gave him quiet directions until we got to the asylum. I stared up at the building in horror. "Leave your bag here," War muttered, "We won't be long."

          He got out of his car and patiently waited for me. I bit my lip and got out of the car. This was the first time anyone besides me had come to see Anna May.  What would Annie say? Would she be nervous?

          Warren grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the building. I started to pull the skin off of my lip, that's how nervous I was. "She'll be fine," Warren whispered, "I'm sure she'll be glad to see me."

          I nodded in agreement, though didn't really think that.

          We walked in together and to the front desk. "Hi we're here to see Anna May," Warren explained, "Anna May Rocking."

          The woman nodded and looked threw her papers. I pulled my eyebrows together, because she had never done that to me before. She always took me straight back to the visiting center. "Debby it's me," I told her, "Jodie Rocking, Anna May's foster sister."

          "I know dear," Debby nodded her eyes full of worry.

          "Well why aren't you letting us back?" I questioned, "I just have a visitor with me, that's it. Nothing special here."

          Debby ignored me, and continued to look through her papers on her desk. I looked up at Warren with confused eyes and he just shrugged. "What's going on with my sister?" I asked.

          "Dear," Debby sighed.

          "What's going on with my sister," I spat.

          "You're not allowed to see her," Debby winced, closing her books and adjusting the glasses on her nose.

          "And why is that?" I pressed.

          Debby sighed loudly, "Because your sister is in lockdown."