Too Many Secrets {18}

Hey guys! Sorry this is a short chapter but i rele wasnt in the mood for writing and I just wanted to give you guys something 2 read XD hopefully this chapter explains some things! if ur still confused let me know!! thanks XD

keep writing!

cheesehead

Chapter Eighteen

        There seemed to be a dead silence in the car. Then finally Jen broke it. "WHAT?!? She squealed, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" I turned around and shushed her before turning back in my seat.

        "How's it been going Scott?" I asked with a small smile.

        "Better then you," He laughed, "I know that for sure."

        "Everyone is better off than I am, Scotty," I muttered, looking out the window.

        "Alright Anna May, let's make this quick," Scott sighed, "Warren will be back any minute and I cannot be talking to you on the phone at that time."

        "Agreed," I nodded.

        "ANNA MAY?!" A voice gasped from the background, "My Anna May?"

        "Yes," Scott chuckled, "Your Anna May."

        I could hear Jodie crying in the background and my heart broke into two. I knew Warren was the super jealous boyfriend type and that was something I never wanted Jodie to get involved with. "Let me talk with her," Jodie begged, "Please."

        "Tell her she can talk with me after I talk with you," I instructed. Scott repeated what I said, and I could hear Jodie whimpering slightly in the background. "Now Scott, I need you to get her away like you did with me," I instructed.

        "I don't know, Anna," Scott sighed, "Last time was pretty risky and it put you in that coma remember?"

        "It was my fault I fell though," I sighed. "We both know Jodie won't be stupid with this. She'll do better than I did because she's strong. Tell her I said we can get through this." Once again Scott repeated what I said. "Tell her she's going to have to trust you," I ordered. Scott told Jodie and I waited anxiously for her response.

        "She said okay," Scott sighed.

        "Aw don't be upset Scotty," I chuckled, "You're doing a good thing."

        "And when you turn Warren in you won't mention me?" Scott clarified. I could hear the doubt in his voice, but that was not something I wanted to hear.

        "Of course," I answered quickly, "Scotty, I swear I'm true to my word. You have my sister with you there's no way I'm going to try anything funny, alright?"

        "Yeah," Scott grumbled.

        "Good," I smiled, "Now where can we meet?"

        "The same place as last time," Scott ordered, "We'll be passing there, probably for a pit stop. Alright?"

        "Thanks Scott, you're the best!" I cried.

        "I have to go," Scott muttered, "Warren's coming."

        "Tell Jodie I love her," I cried, but the he had cut me off by hanging up the phone. I sighed, pulling it away from my ear. I closed the phone and handed it back to Dave. I turned around to stare at everyone and blushed slightly when Felix was seething in the back seat. I smiled a little.

        "Scott was the guy in the story!" Jen squealed.

        "I know," I nodded.

        "And he's going to help us?" Dave asked skeptically.

        "He helped me last time," I shrugged.

        "What?" Nate asked, "What do you mean by that?"

        I sighed and ran a hand through my tangled hair. "Remember when I said Warren had made a big mistake?" I asked, "He slipped up so badly that I had gotten away?"

        "No," Dave answered quickly.

        I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Well I did."

        "So what was the slip up?" Nate asked.

        Wasn't it obvious? I wanted to say. But instead I kept my cool, because that was what we were going to need for now. "Warren slipped up by trusting Scott," I answered. "After Scott had locked me in that room for Warren to come find me, he felt really guilty. From then on he was always slipping me extra food, ice packs, and was just there when I needed to cry. Warren had messed up big time when he put Scott in charge of me. Scott was the one to suggest my escape."

        "And how did you slip into a coma?" Jen giggled.

        "Ran so fast, fell and cracked my head," I sighed, "It was going so well too. Thankfully I was in a populated area that people came out to help me and someone called 911."

        "Then Jodie contacted me, Felix, and Warren," Jen muttered, her eyes widening. I nodded sadly.

        "And Warren came running," Dave spat, "Acting all friendly. He probably would have taken you again if you hadn't landed in the insane asylum." I winced but nodded.

        "Wait, I'm confused," Nate objected, "How did no one notice Warren was missing? I would have noticed that."

        "Well that's where Scott came in," I answered, "Scott was watching me while Warren was helping to 'look' for me. Then when he went looking he would come back and then leave and say he didn't find me."

        There was silence for a second. Everyone wanted to ask the same question, I was sure of it, but they didn't know how too. "Anna May," Dave whispered, "What did Warren do to you?"

        I quickly turned around and looked out the window. "I don't want to talk about it," I whispered.

        "Alright then," Nate nodded, "Where am I going?"

        "The bar on 3rd street," I answered, still looking out the window.

        There were gasps. "You mean the place Scott took you from?" Jen asked, "The day you went missing?"

        I nodded numbly, "That's the one."