Too Many Secrets {8}

Chapter Eight

Anna May- Present

After I told Jodie what happened the night I was kidnapped, I wanted to stop the tears from running down her cheek. So I leaned forward and gently removed the tears with my thumbs. "Don't cry baby," I cooed, "Don't cry."

"How can I not cry?" Jodie whimpered, turning her head away quickly. My hands started shaking as I reached for Jodie again.

"What're you thinking about?" I asked, touching the frown lines on her forehead. Jodie bit her lip and looked at me with confused eyes. I gave her a small smile of reassurance.

"I'll get you out of here," Jodie promised.

"How?" I whimpered, "I'm crazy Jodie, I can't remember what that man did to me, and it's driven me crazy. How are you supposed to solve that?"

"Maybe if we put the pieces together," Jodie told me, "It'll put you back together."

"It would?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Maybe," Jodie shrugged.

"That would be nice," I muttered. Jodie scooted closer to me and put her arms around me. I quickly folded into the warmth of them. "Why doesn't Davis come visit me?" I whispered.

"Because he's scared," Jodie answered.

"Scared of what?" I asked, looking up at her.

Jodie popped her bottom lip out a little bit like she was thinking about it. "I think he's scared of losing you," Jodie told me.

"What does that me?" I chuckled. I actually laughed at something! This was new!

"He's got an image of you in his head," Jodie explained, "And coming to see you would ruin that image. You've changed so much over the years."

"Oh," I muttered, "That makes sense."

"I guess," Jodie shrugged, "I mean it makes sense for Dave." I nodded in agreement and hugged my sister closer to me.

"Stay with me, Jo," I pleaded.

"For as long as they let me," She promised. I didn't want them to take Jodie away from me. Jo was the thing that made me sane. This was the first time I was able to interact with her too. I loved holding her and having her cuddle into me like we used too.

"You're warm," I muttered.

"I missed you," Jodie confessed.

"Me too," I told her, "Me too, Jo." Jodie looked up at me and brushed my unruly hair out of my face. I knew I looked like crap, but right now I didn't care what I looked like.

There was a knock on the door before someone walked in. My sister and I both glared at Nate as he strolled in. "Jodie," He started.

"Don't take her away," I pleaded, holding Jodie tighter.

"I'm not, I'm not," Nate told me, "But that kid you came with, he's getting restless. He wants to come in."

"Who?" I asked, pulling my eyebrows together. "Who did you bring Jo? That one friend of yours that you keep talking about?"

"No," She told me, pulling away.

"Well then who is it?" I asked. Jodie took a deep breath and looked away from me. I could feel the discomfort she was feeling and it made me anxious and curious. "Who?" I pressed.

"Warren," Jodie muttered.

My eyes widened in shock. Warren? How could she bring Warren here? He dumped me as soon as I got here, and I hated him for it! He was rude and dumped me angrily. "Why is he here," I spat.