Too Many Secrets {17}

Hey guys so im a little stuck with this story at the moment so sorry if my uploads rn't tht frequent! hopefully this is another cliffhanger;) if not i need to work on tht....hahah

let me know wat u think please?!

cheesehead:)

Chapter Seventeen

 Anna May

        The minute Jodie was out of sight I burst into tears. I had to hold on to Felix tightly in order to keep myself upright. He rubbed my back, and whispered comforting words into my ear. "Ms. Brooks," The guard said sternly, "I need to get you back into my room."

        Was this guy the crazy one?? My sister had just been taken away from me, right under my nose no less and he wanted to take me back to my solitude room? Hell to the no. I looked up at Nate with hopeful eyes. "As the sergeants son I'm taking the liberty of letting Anna May Brooks go. She will be under my watchful eye so there is no need to worry. You can leave now," Nate exclaimed.

        I couldn't help the smile that broke across my face. Once the other guard shrugged and walked away I quickly threw my arms around his neck. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," I whispered in his ear.

        Nate chuckled and patted my back. "Don't worry about it," He smiled. I pulled away and looked at everyone.

        Jen was crying too as she got up from the ground. Hmm, I wonder what she was doing down there. She put her hand on her face and continued to cry. "It's happening again," She cried, "Oh my God, it's happening again!"

        Something inside of me snapped a little. It was like a weird energy booster. I realized how much I needed to save my sister. I stopped crying and pulled myself away from Nate and Felix. "Stop crying, Jen," I ordered, "We'll get her back. I just need to think about a few things."

        "Well you have to think with me there," Nate told me, "Because I promised to keep an eye on you."

        "Right," I nodded, "but first let's go back to my house first, I have a well overdue visit there."

        "What about Jodie?" Jen asked.

        "We don't know where she is," I told her, "And until we find out where she is, we can't do anything."

        "Wow, Ann Ann, you're being really calm about this," Felix commented.

        "Oh I'm not," I told him, "I'm freaking out inside! My sister just slipped through my fingers and there's nothing I can do about it. And that's the thing, there's nothing I can do about it, so there's no point in trying. We'll just have to wait."

        "Wait until what?" Jen asked.

        I looked at her and smiled lightly, "Until he slips up. He did with me, and he will with Jodie."

        Everyone couldn't help but agree with me. So I grabbed onto Felix's hand and dragged him towards the exit. The minute I stepped outside, fresh air filled my lungs. I wanted to pulled off my warm out shoes and run my feet through the grass. There were so many things I wanted to do but there was someone I had to see first.

        We all piled into Nate's car, because Jen and Felix came over with Warren. I sat up front and told Nate where he should go. "Will they be home?" Jen asked from the back as she looked out the window.

        "Yeah," I muttered with a small smile, "I know he will."

        Nate just shrugged his shoulders and continued driving. Finally we pulled up to the house. I smiled broadly, though everything was still going on. I got out of the car and ran for the front door. I knocked on it over and over.

        "Alright, ALRIGHT!" A voice yelled, "I'm coming! I'M COMING!"

        The door pulled open and there was my foster brother, Davis. His eyes widened when he saw me. "Anna May?" He gasped. Before I could respond he quickly pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I laughed and held him tightly to me as he picked me up and spun me around.

        "I can't believe you're laughing right now, Anna May," Nate growled. Davis put me down and glared at him.       

        "Dude chill," Dave growled, "I haven't seen my sister in a long time so back off."

        "That's because you don't visit," Nate muttered, turning his head slightly.

        "What was that?" Dave growled. I grabbed Dave's arm before he was able to do anything.

        "Stop, Dave," I ordered, "DAVIS! Stop!" I pulled him backwards so he couldn't touch Nate. "He's just upset because Jodie is missing."

        "WHAT?" Dave yelled, staring at me with wide eyes, "What's going on?"

        "Warren took her," I mumbled, looking down. I tucked some hair behind my ear and bit my lip as I nervously looked back up at Dave.

        "I knew it," Dave snapped, "I knew I didn't like that guy for a reason. No one listens to me though. Did that jerk take you too?"

        I nodded numbly. Dave gritted his teeth and looked away, trying to collect his anger. "How are we supposed to get to her?" Dave finally whispered, "What are we supposed to do?"

        "Anna May says we just have to wait until Warren screws up again," Jen whispered, "Which is true. He could be in a different state by now."

        "What if he doesn't screw up again?" Dave asked, "Then we're just going to sit around? That's ridiculous! He might never screw up!"

        I smiled evilly, and looked around at everyone. "Follow me," I told everyone, "And someone bring their cell phone."

        Everyone gave me a confused look but I quickly made my way to Nate's car. I knew no one would let me drive so I just went right to the passenger side. Everyone continued to give me confused looks as they all got in the car. Nate started driving again. "Well?" Nate asked.

        "Yeah, Ann Ann," Felix chimed, "I know that look. You have something up your sleeve, and I want to know right now!"

        "Alright, alright," I sighed, "Someone give me their phone please." I held my hand out and Dave quickly put his phone in my hand. Then I thought really hard about the number before dialing it.

        "Let me guess," The guy sighed on the other line, "Anna May?"

        "Yeah," I smirked, looking back at Jen, "I need your help again Scott."