Too Many Secrets {15}

Hey everyone jst wanted to say this is like my favorite chapter<3

1. because its in Nate's POV and even though he's just in it frequently ILOVENATE! hahaha i mean come on he helps Anna May out all of the time and is always being super awesome!

2. Also, secrets are revealed;)

3. You find out who was shooting

4. and...i think nate's awesome!!

ahaahahha thts enough of me hope everyone enjoys! let me kno wat u think? Im afraid this one is another cliffhanger:) sorry! ahah (well at least i hope it is;})

love you all bunches!!

cheesehead<333

Chapter Fifteen

Nate

          Anna May, Jodie, and their friend sat around the table, talking intently because they haven't all talked like this in years. I stared at Jodie, because I couldn't help it. I didn't understand why she hadn't noticed I liked her yet. I didn't do everything I do for her sister out of the kindness of my heart. Everything I did was to get Jodie to notice me more.

          If I wasn't the sergeant's son I would have be fired the moment everyone realized I was the one slipping art supplies into Anna May's cell. Jodie had mentioned once how much Anna May loved to draw so I thought that if I gave Anna May something to draw on maybe Jodie would noticed how much I paid attention to her, but I guess I was wrong.

          "Nate," The other guard, Dan, hissed, "Time's up."

          "Tell them," I shrugged.

          Dan looked at them and said, "You tell them, you know them better than I do." I rolled my eyes, but was happy. I would get to talk with Jodie, even for a nano second.

          "Jodie," I whispered, tapping my watch.

          Her pretty face frowned at me. "Fine," She groaned, ""Alright Jen, we kind of have to bring our other guest in now otherwise we'll run out of time."

          "Oh," Jen jumped up, "You're right!"

          "Nate could you get the other guest?" Jodie asked a bright smile on her face. I returned the smile immediately and nodded before leaving the room. My hands were clammy at the slight show of affection that Jodie had shown towards me.

          I walked down the hall with my head down. "Stay calm," I ordered, "God stupid, stay calm!"

          "Are you talking with yourself?" Someone asked. I jumped and stared at Anna May's friend, Jen, walking besides me with a smile on her face.

          "Um, no?" I commented.

          "It's alright," Jen laughed, "I do it all of the time. I'm Jen by the way, Anna May's friend."

          "I know," I nodded, "Nate."

          "You look awfully young," She commented.

          "I am awfully young," I told her, "The benefits of having your father as head guard." Jen smiled at me brightly as if she were thinking of something else as she stared at me.

          We walked into the main lobby. "How did it go?" One of the guys who came asked. I looked from him to the other one, who had his back turned to me.

          "Fine," I mumbled.

          "She remembered something," Jen insisted, "If you go in there Felix, I'm sure she'll remember something!"