Too Many Secrets {14}

So here's another chapter! Show me your love through comments/votes/and fanning?? Please?

Thanks!!

Cheesehead

Chapter Fourteen

 Anna May- Present

        Jodie and Jen started at me in shock. I couldn't help but shiver at the memory. It hurt to be thinking about the past. I knew that I didn't remember most things but just thinking about the times when I was a little girl was hurtful. It was like a stabbing pain in my heart and it made me want to crumple over and cry sometimes. "You alright Annie?" Jodie asked.

        "Yeah," I whispered, "I'm fine."

        "Well this is good," Jo smiled, "I didn't think this would work when Jen was about to leave, but it looks like it is! This is terrific!"

        "Yeah," I muttered, "Awesome."

        Jen smiled brightly at me, though tears continued to run down her face. I tried to reach for her hand but the cuffs on the table were preventing me. "Don't worry Jenny," I told her, "Once we get out of here we'll have a girl's night! You, me and Jodie! We'll have so much fun together."

        "Yeah," She nodded half heartedly.

        "So what have you been doing?" I asked, "Do you still hang out with the guys? Have a boyfriend? Come on give me the details!"

        "I hardly talk to the guys," Jen whispered.

        "What?" I asked.

        Jen gave a small smile. "I don't know if you've never noticed this," She chuckled, "But Felix and Warren are like fire and ice. They can't even stand to be in a room together."

        "What...?" I muttered.

        "Yeah," Jen nodded, "And that, um, kind of upset me a lot so I just separated myself from them. It's been hard, but it's better than being traumatized."

        I bit my lip and tried not to let out a cry. It hurt me that my friends didn't want to be friends anymore. Jen gave me a small smile though as if to reassure me. My bottom lip quivered and I quickly had to look away.

        "Jodie," Nate whispered, tapping his watch.

        "Fine," Jo groaned, "Alright Jen, we kind of have to bring our other guest in now otherwise we'll run out of time."

        "Oh," She jumped up, "You're right!"

        "Nate could you get the other guest?" Jodie asked a bright smile on her face. He returned the smile immediately and nodded before leaving the room.

        Jen carefully looked at the guards standing at the door, before scurrying over to me and awkwardly hugging me. "Stay strong," She whispered in my ear. I gave a small smile and nodded curtly. Jen nodded back before waving and leaving the room.

        "So it wasn't an accident?" Jodie whispered when Jen was gone.

        "No," I told her, "They had targeted me."

        Jodie bit her lip and looked away from me. "So it wasn't anyone's fault?" Jodie pressed.

        "Only the people who kidnapped me," I said, giving her a warm smile. Jodie smiled back lightly, but I could tell something was still bothering her.

        "So who's my other visitor?" I asked eagerly, and smiling brightly. Almost as soon as the words left my lips the door slowly started to open. I looked up and started right into the eyes of Felix.