Too Many Secrets {10}

Hey sorry this is so short! idk why, but i guess when i wrote this i thought it should end this way! hope you still enjoy!

love

Cheesehead

Chapter Ten

          Warren and I were bobbing our heads to the music, and laughing about the old times. We completely avoided the fact that he had been gone for so long, and acted like we've been dating for years. Well at least I wish we had...

          "Here," Warren muttered. I looked around at the college campus, and shuddered a little. I was scared.

          "Do you know her address?" I asked meekly. Warren looked at my expression and couldn't help but chuckle.

          "Yeah, of course," Warren nodded, "She writes me. I just don't find the time to respond."

          "Do you think she writes Annie?" I wondered.

          "Sure," He shrugged, getting out of the car. I followed him, accidently slamming the door shut behind me. I bit my lip and followed after Warren. We walked up at certain pathway and to an apartment building.

          Warren hit the buzzer for Jen's room. "Um, hello?" Jen's voice muttered. Good thing we didn't catch her while she was at class.

          "Jen?" Warren asked.

          "Yes? Who is this?" Jen snapped. Okay, that didn't sound like Jen.

          "It's Warren," He answered.

          "Well you son of a," She muttered, and then paused, "I'll be down in a minute." We were able to hear doors being unlocked and then slamming shut. Then before we knew it, the old fragile Jen we once knew stood before us as a tall beautiful lady.

          "JENNY!" I smiled broadly. Her face quickly softened when she saw me and pulled me into a tight hug.

          "It's been to long Jo," She muttered, squeezing me tighter.

          "Agreed," I chuckled. Jen pulled away from me and smiled again. Her dirty blonde hair fell in waves against her shoulder, while her front bangs gently fell over her sapphire blue eyes. When Jen smiled I was able to see bright dimples that brought back so many memories.

          "Warren," She muttered, letting go of me.

          "Don't I get a hug?" Warren pouted, making me chuckle.

          "No," She snapped, "If you had wrote me back, maybe you would have."

          "Aw come on Jen," Warren laughed, "No one writes anymore."

          "But that's the beauty of Jen," I told him, "Nothing ever goes out of fashion with her." Jen smiled at me widely, and winked before crossing her arms over her chest.

          "What're you guys even doing here?" She asked.

          I bit my lip and looked up at Warren before answering. "It's Anna May," I explained, "She's getting worse. Her memories haven't come back. I was hoping that if I got you, Felix, and probably Warren too to go see her, it might jog her memories."

          "That's a good idea," Jen mused, looking off into space.

          "And I was hoping to ask if you remembered anything of the night Annie disappeared," I asked hopefully.

          "I remember everything," She told me, "I was the only one sober. Anna May staggered to the bathroom and was in there for a good fifteen minutes before any of us thought to look for her. I went into the bathroom and when I couldn't find her we split up looking for her. I checked the dance floor, Felix the bar, and Warren outside. We couldn't find her anywhere."

          "Okay," I sighed, "And you didn't think to ask people?"

          "We were to panicked," Jen apologized, "I didn't know what to do. I was almost paralyzed with fear."

          "Alright," I muttered, "Well Jen, I know this is on really short notice but I was wondering if you could come with us. Maybe to talk with Annie?"

          "Yeah," Jen nodded, "Alright. I'd love that. I'd love to see her again, let me just go tell my roommates and ask them to pick up my work. I'll be two seconds."

          Warren and I patiently as Jen ran inside quickly. I looked around, and took in how pretty the campus was. I would love to live in a place like this. It was close to home and amazingly beautiful. "Ready?" Jen asked, as she came out with her jacket in her hands.

          From talking with Jen, I was able to pick up how Jen had grown into herself over the years. She wasn't meek anymore or a scared girl, but a little bolder and more outgoing and that was something I found I liked about her.

          We ran towards Warren's car, because it was starting to rain, and jumped in it. "Felix?" Warren asked, starting up the car.

          "Felix," I nodded.

          "Well this'll be difficult," Jen muttered to no one in particular.

          "Why?" I asked.

          "Well it might be the fact that Warren and Felix hate each other so much they almost kill the other whenever their close," Jen shrugged, like it was nothing. Well great.