Too Many Secrets {9}

Chapter Nine

 Jodie

          The guards threw me into the lobby. I stumbled a little, before being helped to my feet. I looked up at Warren, and as soon as I saw his angelic face, I burst into tears. His face softened even more and he pulled me into a tight hug. "Don't cry," He soothed, "Please don't cry."

          "I don't know what to do," I whimpered.

          "You'll think of something," He told me, smoothing my hair down. As he did, I slowly started to collect my thoughts. Have you talked with Jen or Felix at all? A small voice in my head whispered, they were your best friends.

          Anna May was the glue that held us together.

          The thoughts quietly ran through my head as I held tightly to Warren. The time that Anna had woken up from her coma. The reactions of her friends. Everything ran through my head as I tried to think about what to do.

          "Warren," I whispered in his ear, "What do you remember about the night Annie was kidnapped?"

          Warren stiffened, "I blame myself for that."

          "Well you shouldn't," I told him, "But seriously, what do you remember?"

          He pulled away, but still held on to me. "I remember Anna going to the bathroom," He whispered, "She was taking forever, so Jenny went to go find her. Then when she came back without Anna we all went to look for her and we just couldn't find her."

          I bit my lip and thought further into the situation. Could I pull this off? Would this really help out? "What do you think..." I started, and then stopped.

          "What?" Warren asked.

          I looked up at him through my eyelashes, and gave him a small smile. "Would you go with me to get Jen and Felix? Maybe Annie would see them," I asked, "And maybe it would help her."

          Warren looked away and sucked in a deep breath.

          "Please?" I pressed.

          "What about school?" Warren asked.

          "This is my sister," I told him, "I'd rather lose a few days of school then lose my sister."

          "You wouldn't lose her," Warren started.

          "I almost lost her once War," I growled, "And she's on lockdown right now, meaning no visitors. I won't risk anything else."

          Warren ran a hand through his hair. He looked at anyone but me for a minute. "Alright," He finally sighed. I smiled widely, and hugged him tightly. "What should we do?" he asked.

          "I have to go pack," I giggled.

          Warren raised an eyebrow. "How long are we going to be gone?" He chuckled.

          I smiled and leaned in close. "A long time," I whispered.

          "Really?" He asked, "Because Jen's college is right down the street and Felix's college is an hour away."

          "Oh," I pouted, "Then maybe not! I still need to stop at home though. Dave doesn't start work till later so I need to tell him where I'm going and maybe weasel some money out of him."

          Warren rolled his eyes but didn't argue. He quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the asylum. I looked back, but Warren tugged me along towards his car so I wouldn't fall behind. When we reached his car, we both got in and Warren started the car.

          "Remember where I live?" I asked.

          "Of course," Warren smiled, giving me a sly wink. I blushed and smiled. Warren started driving towards my house and before I knew it we were pulling into my driveway.

          It was around nap time so all of the little ones were asleep, along with Maggie, who probably had fallen asleep with the youngest baby in her arms. So I snuck in, and like I expected found Dave asleep on the couch with the TV on and toys all around him. "Dave," I murmured, shaking him, "Dave!"

          "Mmm?" He mumbled.

          "Dave, it's Jodie," I whispered, moving the hair out of his eyes.

          "Jodie?" He asked, his eyes opening a little more and adjusting to his surroundings. "What're you doing home so soon?"

          "I've come up with an idea," I told him, "An idea that will get Annie out of the hospital."

          "You do?" He mumbled, sitting up on the couch. He looked behind me and saw Warren standing there. "What's he doing here?" He growled.

          "Helping," Warren shrugged.

          Dave shot up and grabbed me by the wrist, pulling me behind him. "Stay away from my sister," Dave warned, "In fact, stay away from both of my sisters. I'm sure Anna May wants to see you as much as I do."

          "Be nice, Davis," I pleaded.

          "Why?" Dave snapped.

          "Because I asked you?" I answered with a shrug. I didn't have time to explain. I needed to leave before Maggie woke up.

          "Well then what did you come here for?" Dave asked, "You've got him to be with! You don't need my help with your idea."

          "I just wanted to let you know I'd be gone for a while," I shrugged, "In case Maggie asks for me. Also, I need money."

          Dave rolled his eyes, but took out his wallet. "You're paying me back," He told me.

          "Of course," I nodded, but we both knew I wasn't paying him back.

          "Where are you going?" Dave asked, handing me the money and then shoving the wallet back into back pocket.

          "To go find Jen and Felix," I told him, "Maybe it'll jog Annie's memory a little bit, or maybe they remember something from that night."

          Dave looked away from me. "Alright," He muttered. I gave Dave a small smile. Since Annie had gone to the hospital, Dave and I haven't really gotten along. We hardly talked and when we did it was strained and pointless. Dave looked back at me with a sad look on his face.

          I gave him another small smile.

          Dave grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a tight hug, burying his nose in my hair. "Be careful," He whispered.

          "I won't be gone for long," I chuckled.

          "Still," He insisted. I pulled away from Davis and gave him the warm smile he deserved. Dave smiled back, until Warren took my hand and led me out of the house.

          We got back in his car, and Warren started him up again. "Ready?" He asked.

          "Yup," I nodded, "Here we come Jen!"

**********

Hey Guys! Let me know what you think please??

Also check out my series Leah's Secret and Leah's Escape ! They're not related to this story at all but it would still mean a lot if you checked it out:)

keep writing!

cheesehead