chapter three

He clutched his sketchbook tightly as he walked around looking for a candy store or bakery. He finally spotted at an establishment in pastel blue with a sign with the words 'bakery' written in fancy white letters.

Gerard slowly made his way there, nervous about being alone. He carefully opened the door keeping his head down shyly, not wanting to attract attention.

As he went to look up he saw a mother of two children pass by, Gerard smiled sheepishly at her as an attempt to let her know he wasn't a satanist, but she didn't look too convinced.

Gerard slowly made his way to the counter and he looked at the display, examining all the amazing treats on show, one prettier than the last. He gasped when he saw a tray of chocolate chip cookies, displaying a goofy smile.

He heard a small chuckle from behind the display and his head snapped up as furious blush tinted his cheeks.

And right as Gerard lifted his head he made eye contact with possibly the most beautiful man he'd ever seen. A short, almost punk looking boy with piercings and tattoos littering his arms and exposed neck stood there in a white apron and black skinny jeans. His deep hazel eyes looked Gerard up and down as he smiled confidently.

Gerard's face only turned even redder at the mans expression and not-so-subtle checking out.

"You want something, cutie?" He asked, his voice flowing through Gerard's ears making his heart flutter.

"Uh-" Gerard stuttered. He silently cursed himself for being so timid. The boy only chuckled, biting his lip at the Gerard.

Gerard attempted to compose himself, and cleared his throat.

"I'm just looking..." Gerard mumbled shyly, flustered. Out of nerves he quickly broke the eye contact he had with the other boy and his gaze landed upon the treats once again.

He could feel the other boy's eyes burn into his skin as he forced himself to look away from the very attractive guy two meters in front of him.

It wasn't a second later that he heard a voice behind him.

"Hurry the fuck up, we all got places to be!" A voice groaned, belonging to a middle aged man.

Gerard quickly got out of line and looked down embarrassed and ashamed, "I'm sorry-"

The man went to complain again but another more familiar voice interrupted,

"Hey, don't speak to him like that. Everyone has their time to pick and choose, don't be such an ass." The guy behind the counter stated, looking beyond pissed.

Which he probably was, Gerard could tell he didn't like fights or mean words being spread in his establishment.

The employee's eyes shifted over to Gerard and his gaze softened when he saw Gerard looking ashamed and clutching what looked to be a notebook tightly in his arms.

The man grumbled but moved up a spot, and Gerard deciding that he should maybe wait until everyone in line was served and then get his treat.

He walked over to a small table and sat in the wooden chair next to it, he opened his sketchbook and began tracing the drawings with his index finger, not really having much to do while he waited.

He had traced about five drawings before he felt something insanely hot touch his head. He winced quickly and brought his hand to his head looking up to see the same man from before holding a steaming hot coffee cup near his head, looking at his phone.