chapter sixteen

Frank gasped in surprise but melted into the kiss, pressing harder against Gerard, who sighed softly. Gerard slowly wrapped his trembling hands around the latter's neck and Frank gently grabbed Gee's sides.

The connection of their lips made Gerard's head spin uncontrollably and all he could think was holy fuck.

The Punk's lips were so gentle yet rough, and the kiss itself was so tender and sweet. He almost didn't want to pull away but soon his chest began to burn due to lack of air.

Gerard slowly pulled back, panting softly, and looked at Frank's hazel orbs. He nervously bit his now slightly swollen lips. The Punk looked shocked at the pale boy, still dazed from the kiss.

Gerard was getting ready for the sad rejection that would be soon to follow but, somehow it never came.

"Wow..." Frank mumbled letting his gaze drift down to Gerard's lips again, leaning forward and connecting them once again. He could feel Gerard's little hands clench around the back of his shirt as he timidly kissed back.

Their lips danced together and Gerard could feel his chest hammering in nerves. Frank's hand tightening slightly around Gee's hips as he leaned in closer. Gee's hands having traveled down to Frank's shirt-clad chest.

But before things could get any more heated, Frank pulled away. Not really wanting to overwhelm Gee or himself. He had to remember that he was there to comfort and help Gerard, not make out with him and forget the problems. Even if it the kissing may have helped Gee calm down.

"So, um." Frank whispered leaning back just enough to look at Gerard fully. And holy fuck, thank god he had self control because right now all he really wanted was to kiss the boy all over and then some. He had been waiting so long to kiss the pale boy and now that he'd finally done it, it felt like a weight lifted from his chest.

But he swore it wasn't his fault, the paler just looked so cute and shy and fuck Frank was getting off track again.

"I- I..." Gerard mumbled mostly to himself, his tears having stopped long ago. His little hands clutched Frank's shirt just to make sure this wasn't some messed up dream that he would awake from any second.

Frank moved his hands from Gee's hips to over the pale boy's hands, giving them a gentle squeeze, smiling softly. Gerard blushed and looked down at their hands and grinned.

"So uh.. I'll take it you like me too?" Frank smirked at Gerard, but his eyes sparkling in delight and surprise.

Gerard just chuckled and nodded, "Yeah."

Frank beamed and in one swift motion wrapped his arms around the paler in a tight embrace. Yes, he was aware that the kiss was confirmation enough that Gee also liked him, but it was different to hear the boy actually say it.

Gerard laughed and hugged back, sighing dreamily.

He finally kissed Frank Iero.

- -

The two boys stayed in Gerard's room for hours, cuddled up on the boy's bed. Gerard had opened up to Frank about his insecurities, and how his parents treated him. It made him feel extremely vulnerable but he thought Frank deserved just a little context.

And well, Frank was just desperately trying to understand why the pretty boy he adores so much would ever think he was anything less than perfect.

"Gerard, don't say that," Frank whispered after Gerard has said something particularly mean about himself. "I think you're absolutely amazing."

Gerard just smiled shyly.

- -

It was around six when the two started getting hungry, and Frank had convinced Gerard that they should order pizza. Gee was nervous about eating such a high calorie meal, nonetheless in the presence of Frank.

But he decided that it would be fine as long as he didn't over do it.

"Do you wanna ask Mikey if he wants some?" Frank asked as he dialled the numbers of the pizza place on his phone.

"Yeah okay." Gerard nodded smiling as he crawled off the bed and was about to walk to the door when Frank yanked his hand, making him stumble back in front of the tattooed boy.

He eyed the shorter curiously with a light blush playing on his cheeks. His cheeks matched Frank's.

"I forgot to give you a goodbye kiss." Frank smirked cockily but somehow seemed nervous all at once.

Gerard gulped and felt his ears burn in embarrassment, "O-okay."

Frank simply smiled and leaned in pecking the pale boy's lips affectionately. When they pulled away, Gerard felt his knees wobble and his head spin. He didn't think he'd ever get used to that.

He smiled sheepishly and turned back to ask Mikey about their pizza idea. And as he did so, he could feel Frank's eyes on him. Following him as he left to go up the basement stairs. And it made his skin crawl in the best way imaginable.