chapter thirty

"What do you mean he left crying?" Mikey asked into the phone, his eyebrows scrunched up beyond belief.

Mikey was supposed to be dressing up for his anniversary date with Pete but when Frank called seeming upset and desperate, he couldn't hang up.

"I mean, that yesterday Gerard left my apartment looking upset. I was just wondering if he said anything?" Frank asked, running a hand through his knotted hair.

"Uh no, he hasn't left his room- and what did you two do that made him leave like that?"

Frank blushed slightly at the memories of him and Gerard. He couldn't tell Mikey about that, it would just be uncomfortable for both of them, nonetheless embarrassing.

"N-nothing." He squeaked.

"Frank, I know you're lying- just spit it out." Mikey demanded.

"F-fine, you asked for this," Frank sighed, "we had finished watching a movie and Gee said he should go home, but I uh c-convinced him to stay and," he gulped, getting ready for possibly the weirdest thing he'd ever tell Gerard's brother.

"we uh, started- y'know... kissing and it escalated pretty quickly and out of the blue he just got uncomfortable and sad. Saying he needed to 'get the dishes before they burn'."

"Huh, well I know for a fact he didn't do any dishes yesterday, since I had to do them all myself-"

"Can we stick to the subject?" Frank asked, seeing as Mikey was too busy passive aggressively talking about household chores.

"Uh yeah sure. Well, um, I can talk to Gee and try to find out what happened." Mikey compromised.

"O-okay, yeah that sounds good." Frank sighed, plopping down on his couch.

He didn't sleep at all yesterday. Granted it was late when Gee was there, but even after the boy left he couldn't get any shut eye.

Frank was so confused about yesterday.

He didn't want to believe he crossed the line with the black haired boy, but maybe that was the cause of this.

Between blaming himself and texting Gerard multiple apologies, he didn't get much sleep. And it made his mind fuzzy with tiredness.