chapter twenty-five

Gerard nearly had a heart attack when his phone rang. Him and Frank were watching The Purge and it the room was so tense that even a whisper seemed too loud.

The two were wrapped up together in a warm blanket, Frank's arms around Gerard's thin little form. To say he was scared, would have been an understatement.

He had finished his cookie earlier that evening, and he had somehow convinced Frank to watch a movie with him. Even though it was late and Frank had work again in the morning.

Well, it was no surprise. Everyone knew Gerard just had to bat his little eyelashes and Frank would do anything for him. But little Gee was not aware of this, of course.

"Who would call this late?" Frank asked as he reached over Gerard's shoulder to get the remote.

He paused the movie as Gerard shrugged and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Gee!" Pete sang on the other line.

Gerard laughed, "Hi, Pete. What are you doing calling me at like eleven?"

"Uh, well I need help." Pete said sheepishly into the phone.

"Can it wait until daylight? I'm watching a movie with Frankie..."

Frank perked up at the mention of his name, and smiled sweetly at the use of his nickname. He pressed a little kiss to Gerard's cheek which caused the boy to gasp and blush furiously.

"N-not really, Geebear." Pete sighed.

"Oh, well what is it?" Gerard asked, giving Frank a timid smile.

"Well it's me and Mikey's anniversary on Wednesday and I have no idea what to get him.."

"Pete, that's in two days!" Gerard whisper yelled into the phone.

"I know! Please help me.." The other begged.

Gerard sighed in frustration. Because holy hell, it was eleven in the evening. What was he meant to do?

"Why don't you ask Ray, he's always awake and is very well acquainted with Mikes."

Frank's eyebrows furrowed at the mention of 'Ray'. Was that someone Gerard knew?

"Ray's sorta-maybe pissed at me because I kept pulling his hair and asking for hairdressing tips.."

"Pete, Jesus Christ- okay... well I can't help you right now, but tomorrow just come over so we can brainstorm." Gerard suggested.

"Okay, yes. Thank you!" Pete cheered on the other side of the phone.

The black haired boy rolled his eyes and mumbled a 'you're welcome'.

The two soon hung up the phone and Gerard sighed, turning back to Frank.

"I'm sorry, Pete is really stupid sometimes." He whispered, sheepishly.

"It's fine, Gee." Frank smiled, pressings a little to Gerard's cheek. "But who's Ray?"

"Oh he's my friend, he works at the comic book store Mikey and I always go to." Gee explained.

Frank made a 'o' shape with his mouth in understanding. Gerard nodded giggling a bit before resting his head back on Frank's chest.

The Punk smiled at the boy grinning up at him. He wanted to stay like that forever.

But alas, he couldn't. It was not only late but he still had to drive home and go to work tomorrow. He had to open the bakery an hour early to finish decorating the cake for the curly-haired stranger.

"Gee, I have to go now.." He whispered into Gerard's black hair.

Gerard made a little noise of disproval. "Aww, Frankie, can't you stay a bit longer- just until the end of the movie?"

The younger squeezed Frank's top half in an attempt to restrict him from leaving.

"Baby- I gotta go, I need to go in early tomorrow." Frank laughed, peeling himself out of Gerard's hold. "I'll come by tomorrow again. I promise, pumpkin."

"Okay..." Gerard mumbled letting go of Frank and just deciding on getting up with the shorter, so he could walk him to the door.

Once the two arrived there, Frank pecked Gerard's lips tenderly before smiling and opening the door.

"See you later, Gee."

"Bye, Frank." Gerard smiled pressing one last kiss to Frank's slightly chapped lips.

The two separated and Gerard smiled dreamily as he skipped back to his room.

He couldn't wait for tomorrow, just to be with Frank again. Because even though they weren't officially together, he still thought of Frank as his. As creepy as that sounded.

And Gee fell asleep at the thought of being Frank's.

- -

"Pete, calm down-"

"Gerard, he's gonna dump me!" Pete yelled out as he pulled at his once straight hair. He was having a mental breakdown and Gerard was stuck trying to calm the poor man down.

"No he won't." Gee reasoned.

Mikey and Pete had been dating for two years, and Gerard highly doubted that Mikes would dump him because his gift for him wasn't some one-million dollar shirt or something.

Gerard and Pete were trying to come up with ideas for gifts and places to take him, but so far they had only decided that the two should go to a local carnival.

But the gift was still missing.

"Maybe I could get him a comic book?" Pete asked, his mind blanking. He was clearly forgetting the two years of experience the couple shared due to his mental breakdown.

"Maybe... or maybe you could get him something more anniversary-styled.. like maybe a... d-dress?" Gerard mentally slapped his forehead.

A dress?! What kind of fucking suggestion was that?

"Gee, I'm not going dress shopping." Pete stated, as he turned to make eye contact with the helpless boy.

"Wait, that's the only problem you had with that suggestion?" Gerard asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"Pretty much." Pete sassed crossing his arms.

"Look, I don't think this is something I can help you with-"

"You're his brother!"

"Yes but I'm not his boyfriend, I don't know what romantic gestures he would like!"

The eyeliner covered boy sighed in frustration. He was definitely going to get dumped by his amazing, too-good-for-him boyfriend.

"Look... we can g-go to the mall tomorrow and see if any ideas pop up." Gerard sighed, feeling somewhat bad for the idiotic boy standing in front of him.

Pete's head snapped up, and a hopeful expression was splattered across his face. "Really?"

"Yeah." Gee laughed, getting up from his seat on the couch to hug the other.