chapter fourteen

It had been 20 minutes, and Frank's butt was falling asleep as he sat uncomfortably on the cold floor. The only noises he heard were the little cries coming from the boy he had so decidedly claimed as his.

And he almost didn't hear it, the faint little voice coming from the room. But he did, and it made his heart to thump faster, worriedly.

"F-Frank?"

"Yeah?" Frank responded, rubbing his head to soothe himself.

"You're still here?" Gerard asked with disbelief, he had thought Frank would get annoyed and leave him.

"Yeah, Gee. I'm not leaving," Frank admitted.

"Y-you... if you w-want you can c-come in." Gerard's meek voice passed through the door, making Frank smile, happy that Gerard felt comfortable enough to let him in.

"Okay.." He whispered, mainly to himself, "you sure?" He double checked, because he honestly didn't want to make Gerard feel pressured to let him in.

"Yeah." Gerard's reply came.

So Frank carefully got up from the floor. After quickly fixing his hair up a bit and brushing down his shirt, he slowly turned the doorknob that led into the bedroom.

And his heart broke the minute he did.

The room itself was complete mess, there were books, clothes, and tissues on the floor. And in the corner of the room lay a shattered mirror that had tints of blood on it.

But that wasn't what broke Frank's heart, it was the state of the little black haired boy. His hair was greasy and sticking to his forehead, his face red form irritation, and his lips purple from biting them. His eyes were beyond bloodshot and his arms were covered in red marks, as if he was constantly gripping them. One of his hands was covered in dry blood and the knuckles were purple and blue.

Gerard was curled up on the floor with his hands around himself, almost as if to protect himself from Frank, or really anyone. He was staring at Frank with such fear and curiosity, he still had tears running down his face as he simply stared. All Frank wanted to do was run over there and kiss them away.

Frank slowly walked over to Gerard, and took notice of the small whimpers leaving the boy's mouth. He sat down in front of the boy, with maybe three feet of distance, as to make sure he wasn't overstepping.

"What happened, Gee?" He asked in a soft voice.

Of course Frank knew Gee's parents made him feel like shit but he didn't want Gerard to know he knew what happened, and he really didn't want Gerard to think he was an obsessive creep.

Gerard shook his head and sobbed into his own shirt. He was most decidedly not going to tell Frank about his stupid insecurities, because then not only would Frank realise what an abnormal freak he was, but he'd also annoy the hell out of him.

"Please..." Frank whispered, "I want to help."

Gerard looked up and stared intensely into the others eyes, because he just needed the reassurance that Frank wasn't going to leave him.

And when Gerard looked into Frank's eyes all he saw was sincerity and concern. He decided that it was okay, he was going to tell Frank about why he was sad, why he was repulsed by his every move and fucking breath. Because maybe, just maybe, it would all be okay.