chapter five

This is Gee's outfit but he still has the black hair

- -

Gerard whined and shook his head childishly as Mikey went around his room throwing different combinations of clothing on his bed.

Mikey had somehow convinced Gerard a few nights prior to go with him, Ray and Pete to the movies. Which as simple as it sounded, made Gerard want to crawl in a hole and resin there.

"Mikey, please- I don't want to leave-" Gerard begged, pleading his brother not to make his poor soul leave the sanctuary of his room. Mikey simply shook his head, not allowing his older brother to stay home alone on yet another Friday night.

"No we're going, Gee. Who knows maybe you'll make new friends." Mikey stated, adding that last part to sort of encourage the unwilling boy.

Gerard simply huffed, annoyed. He was perfectly content with the ten minuets of socialising he had two weeks ago with the cute bakery employee. Which, secretly he had not stopped thinking about.

Mikey looked at the clothes he had laid out and decided it would do. "Come on, Gerard, change and I'll meet you upstairs in like twenty minutes."

Gerard nodded glumly but deciding to argue. He lazily got up once Mikey had left and put on the outfit laid out for him, which was a black shirt with a thick green overcoat, and blue jeans.

He brushed his hair with his thin fingers and applied some eyeliner before making his way upstairs and putting on his black converse.

Gerard then immediately spotted Mikey, Pete and Ray all waiting in the living room, talking alway.

Once Ray spotted Gerard he smiled warmly at his shy best friend, "Hey, Gee, you ready to go?"

Gerard simply nodded grudgingly, forcing a smile. He most certainly wasn't ready to go, and the chances that he ever would be were quite slim.

But nevertheless, the four of them made their way to Ray's car and started the drive to the mall with a built in cinema.

- -

As the movie progressed, Gerard felt more and more like was going to be sick. He was sitting in between Mikey and Ray and it was suffocating him, he barely even knew what was going on in the actual movie.

"I'm gonna take a breather." He whispered to Mikey, who had his eyes glued to the screen. He nodded slowly his attention still on the movie.

Gerard sighed softly and got up quickly and ran out, not wanting to block the movie screen for others watching it.

Once out the anxious boy left the movie theatre and mall, walked around the dark streets, passing stores and restaurants. It was quite cold so he tugged on his green coat, burying his face in the clothing.

His breathing had now evened out and soon he found himself relaxed, and calm. Gerard was going to head back but then he spotted the oh-so-familiar bakery. He barely had any say in his subconscious' decision as his little feet speed walked to the pastel establishment.

His shaking, pale hands were frozen due to the cold and the door handle felt even colder to his icy touch.

Once he opened it he felt a gush if warm air hit his rosy cheeks. He let out a small breath and inhaled the smell of pastries and sweets. He looked around and spotted no one behind the counter, which made his heart sink.

Where was the cute employee? He thought, but quickly put that thought aside. It was probably his day off... or he had left earlier.

Gerard awkwardly made his way to the same seat he sat at last time, looking out the window while biting his lip viciously- nerves coming back at the thought of being all alone in the warm bakery.

But something interrupted that thought- or rather feeling. And Gerard couldn't hold back the shy smile crawling on his face.

"Hey you."