chapter thirty-one

Mikey took a deep breath before he knocked on Gerard's eggshell white door. His knuckles wrapped together as they hit the hardwood.

"Gee?" He asked cautiously.

There was a quiet pause before he heard Gerard meek voice.

"Y-yes?" Came a small squeak.

"Uh... c-can I come in?"

Gerard cleared his throat before answering again, "Yeah.."

The mousey boy walked into Gee's dark room, switching on the light. Granted it burnt his retinas almost immediately, but it was worth it to see where he was going.

Mikey frowned when he saw Gerard curled up under the covers. He cautiously walked over to the upset boy.

"Geebear?" The younger asked, taking a seat next to the lump that was his older brother.

Gerard let out a small grunt in response and shifted under the weight of his many blankets.

"Gerard... um Frank called, he said you left crying yesterday?" Mikey whispered, reaching over to unwrap the covers from the other boy.

Once Gerard's puffy face was in view, it was more than clear he had been crying. If the red blotches on his face said anything.

Gee didn't say anything only looked down.

He felt so guilty- he not only made Frank worried, but now Mikey. Gerard just couldn't do anything right.

"What happened, Geebear?" He asked again, reaching over to rub soothing circles on Gerard's back.

The pale boy was quiet for a moment before he let out a small breath, "I-... It's stupid."

"Gerard, I promise you whatever it is it's not stupid." Mikey reassured with a stern look.

Gee sighed again and avoided eye contact as he spoke up, "O-okay... well uh- so Frank and I were on his couch... a-and we were kissing and before I knew it we were running our hands everywhere and,"

He cleared his throat in an attempt to rid some of the awkwardness he was feeling. "F-Frank ended up caressing my stomach and... I don't know... I guess I'm just scared." Gerard's voice cracked as he felt tears start to well up again

"I-I'm just scared he'll leave me for someone skinnier and better looking-"

"Gerard, stop that right now. You know you're a healthy weight, you're not fat- and you should never, ever think that." Mikey said sternly, "And are you insane? Frank is obsessed with you, Gee. Man, the first thing he did is call me about you this morning, because he cares about you, honey."

Gerard didn't have any words for what Mikey was telling him, he just stared blankly at his brother. He swallowed hard, "So... he doesn't think I'm a fat cow?"

"Gerard, what?" Mikey asked baffled at his brother's words, "Get your white ass up there and go to Frank."

"But-"

"You heard what I said, young man!" Mikey demanded in a motherly tone.

Gee rolled his eyes, laughing. He wiped his eyes before getting up slowly and going to his closet, "I'm older than you." he mumbled.