Love and War

Hello! My weekend got away from me and unfortunately there was not enough time to write a full chapter. Such is the life of a single mother. Here is a bit of what I was able to get down, but I will be finishing this and adding one more chapter tomorrow!

Thank you so much for reading and I look forward taking you further on Isla and Conall's adventure!

Tension hung like a storm cloud over the keep. The Mackenzie's were on edge and did not stray far from their own company. The Cameron's could feel that something ominous was brewing within their walls and so were on edge.  Voices were hushed, eyes were ever watchful and the new Laird had taken to brooding from his dais far more often. No one could say what exactly was afoot,  but it was absolutely nothing favorable. That was for certain.

Isla had returned to her rooms, she'd made the decision on her own and for once Conall had not argued the point. If that hurt just a bit, she chose to ignore fleeting disappointment. Too much was at stake to allow her own needs to override the needs of the Cameron clan. There was nothing she could do for own now, she'd made peace with that, but she could preserve the peaceful life she'd found on the Cameron's lands when she'd first arrived. With Conall at the helm better things were on the horizon.

Once they put the horrendous nature of Alasdair Cameron to rest.

Once and for all.

For her part, Catriona seemed quite annoyed at the lack of excitement surrounding the planning of her marriage vows. It was rather remarkable how she could separate the two. On one hand she was planning an erroneous marriage celebration, and on another, the murder of her betrothed. Isla so wished to speak with her sister, to try and understand how she could be a part of such a horrific machination. She may have not harbored a heart of gold, but could her heart truly be so dark?