Chapter 17 PART ONE

Chapter 17

****Linzey's POV****

"Baby." The soothing voice whispered against my ear, causing their breath to fan against my ear. "Mm." I groaned as I dug my head deeper into the warmth of Luke's muscular chest. "Baby, get up." He spoke as he softly shook my body. "No." I whined tightening my grip on his t-shirt.

"Please." He begged as he kissed my cheek. "We have class in just a few hours, and we can't afford to miss another day." Luke told me as his large palm ran up and down the expanse of my back. I sighed in delight at the comforting gesture that only made my tired as want to shut even more. "Doing that will just put me back to sleep." I mumbled against his chest with my eyes still sealed shut.

"Figures." He chuckled, stoping the motion of his hand. "Now, get up." He told me. "We only have one week left of school and we at least need to attempt to participate." Luke was right. "Fine." I groaned. I sat up and lightly rubbed the sleep from my tired eyes, making Luke chuckled lightly. "Did she finally wake up?" Ashley giggled as she peaked her head in the doorway with a large grin on her face. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Shush." I mumbled before getting up from the couch and stretching tiredly. "Someone's grouchy." She smiled with her hands up in defense before she exited the living room. "We made breakfast if you're hungry!" She yelled from the kitchen, I'm assuming. "Okay." I mumbled quietly, jumping slightly when two strong arms latched around my waist.

"Calm down." Luke chuckled as he kissed my neck softly. "I'm going to go get a shower, I'll be out in just a bit, okay?" He spoke against the crook of my neck. "Okay." I smiled slightly as I turned in his arms and pecked his cheek. "See you in a bit." I giggled quietly before walking to the kitchen where my friends were at.
************
"Good morning class." My English professor exclaimed in her usual excitement. I never understood how someone could enjoy being up at this time of morning. I kind of wished I could always feel that much glee though because all of the pessimistic crap that's been going on lately has been unbearable.

Josh being the worst, but if I'm honest I missed my friend a lot. I didn't miss the way he had been recently, no, but I missed the old him. The one that Luke and I knew during middle and high school. I sighed dramatically as I sunk in my seat trying my hardest to keep my attention focused on the teacher's lecture, but of course, I couldn't.

I was really dreading going home for break and the chances of running into him, but in a way, I really wanted to, and maybe I would. Hopefully he's happy now, and he's acting like his old self. Hopefully he's the Josh I've always known and loved.
****
Shortest chapter ever and I wanted to make it longer, but I had a project to finish and I totally spaced...So it's late and short, I'm a shit author :(

Sorry,
Shannon :3