Chapter 20

Chapter 20

User dedication: Cedull

Song dedication:
Photographs by Nickelback

***Linzey's POV***

Sorry, but this chapter is just a trip down memory lane for Luke & Linzey and basically everything that's led up to this point in their lifes..The reasoning behind this is only two things because one, this story is on the verge of ending and a sequel is on its wayy! *Wink* *Wink*, and two, I think it's important that you get more of a background of the characters you're reading about.

*****Flashback 1*****

"Yes!" I roared with excitement as I stood up on the seat of the couch. "I won!" I cheered, throwing my fist up in triumph. "Only because we let you!" Zayn scuffed in disagreement in the exact moment that Luke groaned out a, "Really?"

Luke sighed in aggravation as he ran his fingers through his scalp. If there was one thing Luke and Zayn were, it was sore-losers. "Whatever you say, Rider." I grinned, sticking my tongue out at Zayn before I plopped down in my seat.

"Okay then, Bryan." Zayn chuckled starring knowingly at me as he playful nudged Luke's side with his elbow. Luke rolled his eyes, making the pink tint that appeared on his cheeks almost completely unnoticeable. "Bryan?" I questioned confusedly, cocking my eyebrow slightly at my older brother.

"Yeah." Zayn smirked. "That'll be your last name when you marry Luke here." He spoke while smiling between the two of us. "As if." I scoffed with an eye roll. He had to be insane to even consider Luke and I as a couple. "Right, Luke?" I looked to my best friend for back-up on the situation.

I mean, maybe if this were one of those cheesy romance movies where two best friends fall completely and hopelessly in love, get married, have a picture perfect family, and they all live happily ever after. This is reality where things work much differently, and happily ever afters are non-existent.

"Right." He mumbled as his eyes sadly stared down at the boots that adorned his feet. I didn't understand Luke's sudden change of mood and it made me feel slightly dreary knowing that my best friend was upset. Just as I was going to ask what what wrong, a loud voice happily boomed from the living room doorway, "I'm back, and I brought food." It was Josh.

*****Flashback 2*****

"No." I argued with my arms crossed over my chest. "Come on, Linzey." Zayn whined. "Yeah, come on, baby." Josh cooed as he lightly gripped onto my hand. Zayn rolled his eyes at the gesture, clearly annoyed. Zayn really didn't like Josh and I's relationship--or any I relationship I was in.

"No, guys." I shook my head, keeping my stern stance. There was no way I was allowing them to manipulate me into watching a movie that I would surely regret later. The three of them always did this, and they always won, but this time I was determined to not give in.

"Linz, please." Luke pleaded. I just shook my head even though it was taking everything in me not to give into this boys. "Please, if you watch it with us then we'll go get you ice cream later." Luke bribed with a small pout. The sound of that really made me perk up. Luke always knew how to take advantage of the fact that he was my best friend and the fact that he had learned all of my weaknesses. I sighed loudly, silently giving up on the fight that was already determined from the start. What was the point of even trying with these boys?

Luke grinned at this and gripped tightly on my hand, pulling me in the direction of the theater doors. "Wait up!" Josh called, however, the two of us didn't stop in Luke's rush to get inside with his hand engulfing mine. I didn't care though because for some odd reason, it felt quite nice to have Luke's hand in mine.

Is that weird?

*****Flashback 3*****

"Linz!" Luke called as he hurriedly raced in my direction. "What?" I questioned as he came to a halt in front of me in a panting mess. "What is it?" I giggled with a large grin. Luke didn't respond, and instead, literally swept me off my feet, playfully spinning me around. "What is it Luke?" I laughed loudly once I was placed back on my feet. "Look." Was all he said as he shoved a neatly folded paper in my direction.

"Okay?" I chuckled as I carefully unfolded the paper and began to read to words out loud. "Dear, Thomas-" I paused, trying to fight the urge to laugh at the use of his name, but couldn't help it as I began to giggle rather loudly. "Linzey." He whined pleadingly. "Okay, fine." I giggled, knowing how much it annoyed him when I laughed at his name, as I continued to read. "I hope you are as pleased to read this letter as I was to write it." I continued.

"On the behalf of Florida University Admission Committee and the entire University community, I am very pleased to announce the acceptance of your application to Florida University!!!" I squealed loudly. "Oh my God, Luke, we're going to college together!" I screamed as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug, jumping up and down in excitement.

"We're going to college Luke, this is actually happening." I giggled quietly against the crook of his neck. I couldn't believe that in just a short amount of months the two of us would be packing our bags and heading to college. In that moment reality began to dawn on me and the smile I once had slipped from my lips. I knew that we would be in the same college, which was great, but that didn't mean we would end up going our separate ways. I mean, it's college. It's a time period where everyone and everything changes. What if our friendship ends?

"Luke?" I questioned quietly as I pulled away slightly, wiping away a stray tear that involuntarily slipped from my eyes. "Yeah, Linzey?" Luke questioned as he slid a strand of my hair behind my ear. "What if something happens to us?" I questioned with concern. "What do you mean?" Luke quizzed. "Like, what if we change?" I asked.

"What if we end up going separate ways, and never talking again?" I questioned sadly as small streaks of water began to flow from my tear ducts. God, why am I always so emotional? "Linzey." He cooed as he swiped hi thumb beneath my eye, drying my cheek. "Linzey, that'll never happen." He assured me. "I won't let it." He spoke as he held my head between his palms.

"Promise?" I whispered. "I promise." He told me before pressing his lips to the top of my head, and I honestly believed him.

********
A/N: So, if you read the beginning author's note thing then you know that I'm most likely making a sequel! I haven't finished writing this story yet, but I know the exact ending I want for it, all I have to do is get it written and such. Just a tiny spoiler alert..You may or may not need tissues for the last chapter D,:

Until next time,
Shannon xoxo

P.S. Idek asdfghjkl!!!!