8. Embracing Each Other!

Zoya asked excitedly, "Good News? What is it?" Nikhil smiled, kept his both hands on Zoya's shoulder and went on with his words slowly, increasing the suspense, "The Goenkas have loved our designs so much that.............they want to give us the contract of all of their offices! " Zoya just kept staring at him with a blank face not believing what he just said. Finally after a few seconds she replied a little loud, "What?? You are not joking right?" Nikhil said assuring her, "No, Miss Zoya, I am not joking, we are really getting this huge deal and it's all because of your talent and hard work that we got this contract! This deal will make us reach the great heights!"

Zoya's eyes glistened with happiness, all her hard work she had put on this project had got it's due. When they finally got settled on the table. Zoya introduced Aditya, "Hey Guys! Meet Captain Aditya Hooda, we met each other during Aman's annual function" Aditya smiled to everyone. Nikhil extended his hand towards Aditya smilingly and said, "Hi Aditya, I am Nikhil Khanna, Zoya's best friend!" Aditya shook hands with him with a small smile. He got relived a bit knowing that he is just a friend but not completely as he was a huge fan of "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and believed in the philosophy of "Pyaar Dosti Hai!"

Ishika said, "I and Aditya were classmates during our college days. (Zoya's confusion got cleared) And Aditya...I would say Zoya is my soul sister from another mother!"(The love and admiration for Zoya clearly visible in her eyes) Zoya with cute face answered, "Awwww! Ishika I didn't knew you loved me so much! I would have given a thought of marrying you then but you already made me your sister! You broke my heart" (acting sad) Everyone laughed.

They chatted, teased and laughed cracking jokes. Aditya had also returned to his original self, making everyone laugh with his one liners filled with humor and sarcasm. The cafe owner got irritated by the time, he would have thrown them out, but he couldn't as they were continuously ordering something. As the time passed, Nikhil and Aditya got along really well, they liked each other's company. They even took each other's side against the girls in an not so serious discussion.

Aditya understood the depth in Zoya and Nikhil's friendship consequently. And made his mind to not think childishly and to not over react. All of them enjoyed the evening. Zoya, Nikhil and Ishika were like a squad, Zoya was more than happy on Aditya's addition to it. Ishika and Nikhil also welcomed him wholeheartedly. Though initially Aditya was not so happy for the fact that he was not able to spend time with Zoya alone but as he got along with these sweet people, he really enjoyed being with them.

Ishika was getting late, so Zoya offered her car to Nikhil so that he can drop her home as both of them had not brought their car . While Aditya assured everyone that he will drop Zoya safely. It was half past eleven when they sat on the trunk of Aditya's Mercedes.

The sky was brightening with stars and moon looked bigger than usual. Zoya was staring at the sky, looking all happy. Aditya just stared at her.

Zoya still looking at the sky asked, "Chaand kitna khubsurat hai na?" Aditya still looking at her answered, "Hmm, bohat!" Zoya came to know that he is staring at her. She turned towards him, Aditya's smile grew more, seeing her ever so beautiful face. She pointed her hand towards the moon and said, "Chaand vaha hai Aditya!"

Aditya not in his senses answered, "Mere samne bhi toh hai (softly)" Seeing her expressions, he came back to the real world, "Voh..voh....Chaand na ha bohat khubsurat hai" saying this he turned his face towards the moon. Zoya was hell confused by his strange behaviour.

Zoya asked him, "Aditya, which is your favorite song?" Aditya thought for a while and said, "There are so many, I cant choose one!" Zoya replied back, "Oh C'mon , ok tell me one song that brightens up your mood" Aditya smiled at her and sang, his eyes fixed on her,

"Churaan Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko....
Nazar Nhi Churana Sanam....."

Zoya completed the lyrics smiling back at him,

"Badal Ke Meri Tum Zindagaani.....
Kahin Badal Na Jana Sanam..."

They laughed together after singing the last para uncouthly and shouting. Zoya laughed keeping her one hand on stomach, other on his shoulder and her head close to his chest. They were so engrossed in laughing that they didn't realize when they came so close to each other. Once they were done with laughing, they realized that they were standing so close, they looked into each other's eyes for a few minutes.

Zoya smiled and wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. Aditya was taken aback, he was not at all expecting it. He kept his hands around her, returning her hug. Zoya closed her eyes , so did Aditya. They were feeling so peaceful in each other's embrace. They had a very long day, working tirelessly, they needed some comfort at that moment. Zoya was nearly sleeping on his shoulder when her phone rang.

They slowly drifted apart, she picked up the call, Aditya looked down silently thinking about what just happened. Aman had called being worried for her. "I am fine, I will reach home within 10 mins, don't worry" saying that she cut the call. She in silent tone said, "It was Aman, I think we should leave" Aditya just nodded in agreement.

The drive was silent, they didn't uttered a word, but kept looking at each other every now and then from corner of their eyes. Aditya stopped the car in front of Zoya's bungalow. Zoya asked him, "Would you like to come inside?" Aditya answered softly, "No, its really late now, I should get going" Zoya smiled and said, "Ok! Bye then" Aditya softly said, "Bye! I had a really great time with your friends"
Zoya just smiled and opened the door and went towards the house but not before waving him bye. Aditya waved bye and drove off his car. He kept on blushing all the while remembering the moment spent with Zoya.

.................................

So here's the next chapter. I hope you all liked it.

Comment down if you have any doubts. Sorry for any errors.

In next chapter, Aditya will come to know that Zoya is the interior designer he had fixed meeting with.

Thank You!!