17. It Rains!

"Tum mujhe iss par ghar drop karoge?" enquires Zoya being astonished. Aditya triggers the accelerator of his bike causing a loud roaring sound.

"Tumhe yaha koi aur Vaahan (he twists his head from left to right) dikhai de rha hai? Nhi na? To Zaahir si baat hai ki mein tumhe bike par hi drop karunga! Common sense naam ki bhi koi cheez hoti hai! Jo tum mein nhi hai" he scoffs arrogantly.

"Dekho Aditya...tumne already mera mood kharab kar diya hai..agar tumhara yeh ek aur tareeka hai mujhe pareshaan karneka toh tumhe mujhe drop karneki koi zaroorat nhi hai... mein chali jaungi akele!" she says twisting the bike's key and putting the engine off.

"Oh hello mere pass aur bohat se kaam hai, tumhe pareshaan karneke alava.....car ko servicing ke liye bheja hai aur vaise bhi Maa ne muje force kiya tha isliye mein tumhe drop karne aa rha hu...tumhe mujhe shukriya kehna chahiye, uske badle tum mujh par hi chadh rhi ho. Bhalai ka toh zamana hi nhi" he says starting the engine again.

Zoya just looks at him frowning. Wondering how on Earth this guy is so annoying yet so adorable at the same time. He is her oxymoron! She hates him yet freaking adores him!

"Ab tum apne aap baithogi ya mein fire brigade vaalon ko phone karun ki tumhari madad Kare!" he utters sarcastically.

Zoya scrunches her nose in disgust and hurriedly sits behind him, placing her hands on his shoulders. Aditya swifts out of the mansion in fraction of seconds.

"Drive slowly!" Zoya screams being frightened.

"Kya kaha? Kuch sunai nhi de rha hai!!Thoda zor se bolo!" he speaks out loudly as he increases the speed more, suppressing the laugh.

"Aditya Hooda...I will kill you! Slow down RIGHT NOW!!" she whines with eyes closed and clutching Aditya' s shirt tightly.

Aditya slows down to normal speed, Zoya slaps Aditya on his shoulder with her soft hand which merely affects him although he does overreact with his childish "I can feel the pain" sound! Which eventually manages to make her laugh forgetting the grievances she had with him.

A soothing and mesmerizing fragrance of wet mud reaches their nostrils as they run to the nearby tea stall and save themselves from getting drenched by the heavenly sprinkles. First rains of the season are always memorable. We don't curse the first one instead we celebrate it. Some enjoy it by getting drenched while some just like to feel it sitting in their home's window while having their special chai and pakoras.

"Bhaiyaa....Do cutting chai!" Aditya orders rubbing his wet palms.

Zoya allows some pours to hit her face as she smiles with her arms wide and eyes closed and inhaling the sweet smell of first rain. Aditya looks at her adoringly, his hair messed up and eyes looking sweetly moist and soft smile fixed on his face. He slowly moves besides her, grabs her palm and interwinns their fingers. Zoya stays were she was, her smile grows wide as his aroma instills besides her.

They smile besides each other, their hands clasped as the drizzle falls over their faces. The power which nature has, no one can acquire. When something happens in its own, we say it happened 'naturally' . Its so pure and so holy that we forget everything else, we live that moment. The moment that stays with us for years and years to come. Nature has that magic, it can swing one's mood completely upside-down.

Aditya opens his eyes, he places his messy wet locks off of from his forehead. He lifts their entangled hands up near his heart.

"I am sorry, Zoya!" he says in his raw and sweet voice.

Zoya turns towards him immediately hearing out this sudden words of confession. With wide and surprised eyes she looks at him. Aditya trails his index finger and moves her beautiful hair strands coming to her face behind her ears while staring at her magnificent eyes.

"Wohh...Mene aaj bohat sataya na tumhe...I was being a brat unnecessarily....I am really sorry Zoya. I was fighting with you unreasonably. You were working and I shouted on you... not understanding that you must be tired...I am really really sorry" he says with moist eyes and guilt evident in his voice.

Zoya moves her head slant looking at him suspiciously, "Yeh bhi koi mazzak hoga right?" she asks pouting.

"Nahi...yaar yeh mazzak nhi hai Zoya!I am serious...ab itna bhi kya bhaav kha rhi ho... Sorry bola na mene!!? Accha dekho me kaan pakad kar maafi maangta hoon (He catches his ears, his chin slightly up) SORRY....ab toh maaf kar do?...Kar do na....please...please" he recitates cutely.

Zoya pouts and imitates the action as if she is thinking about it, "Thik hai...Janab Aditya ...maaf kiya aapko...par meri ek shart hai!"

"Jo ..shart ho manzur hai. Tum jo bolo....tumhara hukum sar aakhon par." He says excitedly.

"Thik hai....toh phir tum kal mere saath shopping par chaloge....aur phir sab ke saath movie par and I don't want any bahana....Ok??"

"Manzoor hai!" he says bowing his head. Zoya chuckles and so does he, keeping his hand on her shoulder.

"Vaise ek baat puchu? Tumhe baarish itni kyu pasand hai?" Aditya asks looking at sky.

Zoya gathers some water in her palms and flings it straight onto his face, "ISLIYE!" she shouts while laughing loudly.

Aditya looks at her with open mouth, after taking few seconds to digest he grabs her hand and runs out of the rooftop pulling her along with him. They laugh and laugh and laugh as they get drenched completely as the downpours hit their bodies.

____________________

Thank you for reading!
:-)