21. Nervousness

"Tum itni chup chap kyu baithi ho?" Aditya asked for the second time in a row while he was driving and Zoya was sitting besides him, her head stuck in her phone. But yet, No answer. Aditya could bare anything but ignorance, never and that too from Zoya, JUST NEVER.

He snatched the phone from her and took it away from her grasp,

"Aditya....mera phone do...Aditya..." Zoya tried to reach his fist holding the device but failed. Aditya chuckled.

"Itna kya important kaam hai tumhe....ghar pohchne tak ka to wait karlo" he smirked.

"Aditya...yeh kya baccho jaisi harkat hai....just give me my phone back!" She cried being annoyed.

"Seriously Zoya...Baccho jaisi harkat...me kar rha hoon ya tum!...Baccho ki tarah toh tum phone me ghusi hui thi...aaju baaju kisi ka khayal hi nahi....Hadh hai!" he argued.

"Aditya...Aakhri baar puch rhi hoon...phone vapas de rahe ho ki nahi?" she said in calm dineavour.

"Nahi! And that's final" he said confidently.

"Fine..Captain Hooda.....then face the consequences!" She shouted and tried to snatch the phone again. This time with determination. But Aditya was no easy, he kept on swinging his hand here and there.

Then Zoya kept her elbow on his shoulder and the other hand trying to reach for the phone while her face so close to his. He just couldn't breathe, he had now stopped moving his hand taking advantage of the situation she quickly snatched the phone away. And he just couldn't believe.

"Zoya...Zoya...are yeh toh cheating hai"

"Cheating? Kaisi cheating? Maine toh koi cheating nahi ki" she reprimanded.

"Tumne...voh...tumne..."

"Maine kya? Kya Aditya?" she asked innocently.

"Arre...arrr..mein..mein car chala rha tha... and you snatched it away.. that's cheating!"

"Whatever...but mujhe toh phone mil gaya na!!" she chuckled.

"Badla liya jayega! Bas ek mauke ka intezar hai!"

"Ha ha le le na..aaye bade ... badla lene vaale"

"Ab toh bas.... Baazigar ki tarah badla le kar hi manunga...dekh lena"

"Accha thik hai...Mr. Baazigar mera ghar aa gaya hai..."

"Haa...so kitne baje pick up karne aau?"

"Pick up?? Mein, Nikhil, aur Aman saath me aa rhe hai..bhul gaye? "

"Ohh...okay....see yaa!" he said smiling.
.
.
.
.
.
"Naina....is this a dream...you really are standing right here...I couldn't believe" Vatsal said dramatically rubbing his eyes.

"Oh....now stop it, will you? You are just the same Vats...Its so happy to see you again!" Naina worded smiling.

"Oh....common don't try to act so sweet, I know you wanted to kill me when we were in final year, am I right or not Ishu?" He turned towards her girlfriend keeping his arm on her back.

"Absolutely, and its quiet understandable too...you were quiet an asshole back then..!" Ishika chuckled and high-fived with laughing Naina.

"You girls seriously don't know my worth, Adi...help me out here..." Vats pouted cutely and looked at his lost looking friend Aditya.

He snapped his fingers in front of him, "Kaha khoya hua hai?" he asked as the girls chatted on.

"Kuch samajh nhi aa rha yaar Vats...kabhi lagta hai...she likes me...but kabhi kabhi lagta hai...she sees me only as a friend! I am utterly confused man! I tried everything you said... but now I am stuck!"

Vatsal nodded understandingly , "Hmm.... don't think...too much...now listen to me...just go with the flow...if you feel that you should share your feelings then go for it, if you feel...you should wait...then don't...just leave it to faith as of now and lets enjoy for now..just live the moments...see she is here" Vats smiled looking at the group forwarding towards them.

Zoya, Nikhil and Aman walked up to them, and immediately Vatsal grabbed a hug from them, followed by Ishika. All this while, Aditya just stood at a distance, just staring at her, he felt at peace, despite being surrounded by so much of chaos he felt calmness. He smiled looking at her laughing at something Vats said and he blushed looking down, his hands in his pant pockets, feeling lucky to have known a person like her. He felt blessed. Zoya was so engrossed with the group, completely oblivious about the thoughts going on in his mind.

"Hey everyone, meet our old friend from college, Naina Kapoor!" Ishika introduced her to them.

"Actually, I and Zoya already met earlier today! " Naina smiled at Zoya and so did she.

Nikhil cleared his throat and smiled unevenly and extended his hand, "Hello!" He said.

"I think....I have seen you somewhere!" Naina said dramatically twitching his eye brows, suppressing a chuckle, two seconds and Naina, Zoya and Aman let out a hearty laugh. Nikhil just frowned.

"Hello..am I missing out on something...why are you all laughing?" Ishika asked confused.

"Di....yeh toh aap Nikhil bhai ko hi puchye!" Aman chuckled. Nikhil hit him on his head hard. The group carried on with the funny chat.

As if on cue, Zoya finally noticed that someone was missing. Not just someone but the one who was running on her mind...until when she reached here. She turned her heads to and fro around.

"Don't worry....he is here!" Vatsal swiftly murmured in Zoya's ears mischievously shocking her. She gave him a confused look although she did knew what he meant. Vatsal just winked and got back to the conversations. Her heart started beating fast, she was not able to interprete her nervousness.

As Tara came to Aditya who was standing with a pillar's support nearby, with the movie tickets, they followed their way to the group. As they stepped near, their eyes met, what was this nervousness all of a sudden? They knew that the air had become different around them. Tara hugged Zoya and Aman. Vatsal enthusiastically moved the group towards the theater hall leaving behind just the two of them.

"Hey..." He broke the ice smiling.

"Hey!" She spoke softly tugging her hair behind her ears nervously.

"Ahh...So...?" he bit his lips expecting a response.

"So.....so...lets go...movie is about to start!" She worded.

He was too much of focused on staring at her eyes that her voice seemed to be playing in background. He did nodded though...and frowned when she started walking. He hit his right hand on his forehead blushing and followed her behind.
.
.
.
.
.
________________

Thank you for reading!
Do give my new story "Fake Date" a shot! :-))