Chapter 1 | I could care less

"Today is going to be a very long and big day!" the smell of fresh, warm food filled the room. Sunlight was already visible and illuminating her brown hair locks, yet she kept laying on her bed, staring at the canopy. All she could think or dream about was how her father had died. "Come on, My Lady! You must get ready for today! I'll fix your water for you while you eat something, does that sound good?"

"I don't want to eat and I don't see the point in getting ready if I'm not going to get out of this chambers" Lilia pointed out. She hadn't left her chambers for more than a week and, every single day since she was moved from the Hand's Tower to another random chamber in the Red Keep, all she had been doing was mourning. She would barely eat a thing, she wouldn't wash her hair, she wouldn't dress all the pretty dresses that she had been given by her father before he was executed – since they made her feel even sadder than she already was – or the ones that the King had been giving her – since she didn't want anything from that murderer. She would do nothing but stay in bed or sit on a chair looking outside. At first, she would keep her chambers dark with curtains or anything that she could find to keep the light from shining inside. But then, they took away her curtains and she was forbidden to do that, so she just mourned in her own way.

"But you must eat!" her handmaiden insisted as she rolled her eyes. She knew that Senna was loyal to Cersei and she knew that as soon as she left her presence, the handmaiden would go straight to Cersei to tell her everything that Lilia had said, what she looked like, what she ate, what she drank... She knew that Senna would give Cersei the maximum detail she could about Lilia's current state, which made her despise the handmaiden even more. She even made her miss Septa Mordane, who spent her days criticizing the young girl. "Besides, today you are to leave these chambers, My Lady. A tournament is going to take place in order to celebrate His Majesty's name day. Your sister is going to be there, sitting next to the King and his siblings, and you, of course"

"The tournament has nothing to do with me. As you said, it's meant to celebrate His Grace's name day. My sister is his betrothed, it has something to do with her. I have nothing to do with His Grace, so I won't be present at the stupid tournament" she stated annoyed by the handmaiden's persistence. She got inside the damn bath, and the handmaiden washed her hair as they talked. One with a rope around her neck, the other with... her throat in a knot.

"Well, you might be right, but even if you are, the King has required your presence, so you must get ready and attend the tournament with a smile on your face" she hated to hear that, but as much as it costed her, that was the only way for her to stay alive for the time being. At the moment, there was no other way, she failed to escape, so now there was nothing she could do but play the game and wait for another opportunity to flee and meet with Robb. "You should be flattered, His Grace has taken a liking towards you. It seems that he would marry you instead of your sister. They say he would put her aside and make you his Queen. I bet that he would appreciate it if you'd meet him before the tournament, perhaps you could pay a visit to his chambers"

"It would not be appropriate for me to be in a man's chambers alone" her voice was as cold as winter and as sharp as a wolf's teeth. She wouldn't accept advice from Senna, she couldn't trust Senna and she would never listen to anything Senna said because she knew that those were not her true words, she knew those were Cersei's and she suspected that it was all part of some plan to take away her honour and screw her over. What the point was? She didn't know because it made no sense whatsoever. She was the daughter of a declared traitor and she was part of a rebel house. Her honour was all but gone, why ruin her life even more? It had been ruined the day her father was arrested on false charges of treason, what was the point on damaging it even more? "I'm not some common whore, I'm a Lady and I have morals, unlike many people in this city. And I do not listen to gossip, nor do I care about what 'they' say"