Chapter 11 | Spark of hope

Lilia didn't leave her chambers that day, instead, she laid there, crying. The pain wasn't the thing that made her feel the worst, the memories were. Every time she closed her eyes she would see their faces, she would hear their voices, she would feel their touch.

The day after, Zoran arrived with the food and clothes the Queen had sent her. It was a black and gold one that covered her arms and her neck just enough so that no one would gossip about her wounds more than they already did.

"I don't want to eat, Zoran," she said dismissingly. "I don't want to get dressed. Leave"

"I expected you would say that" the blonde lioness states as she takes a look at the girl. She looked absolutely miserable. Her hair was a mess and her wounds were visible enough. Cersei grabbed a lemon cake and handed it to Lilia, who refused. Yet, her arm was still there, waiting. "Will you eat it or will I have to force it down your throat?"

Lilia second-guessed as she grabbed the lemon cake hesitantly and took a bite. Just like her sister, Lilia loved lemon cakes. However, the taste of them on her mouth made her stomach tumble and her eagerness to throw up grew inside her.

"Drink," the woman said as she handed the girl a goblet of wine. Lilia looked at the wine confusingly. Why would she drink so early in the mourning? "It helps to forget about your problems. Drink"

Lilia looked at the goblet a second time but did as she had been told and poured the liquid down her throat. Cersei grabbed the goblet of wine as she put it on the table.

"Thank you," Lilia said as she faced the woman, who took a moment to appreciate the girl's gratefulness. "You've been very kind to me, Your Grace"

"Today you must leave this hell hole," she said as she poured wine for herself. She took a sip as she looked at the Stark girl, who was afraid of what she would hear after. "My brother wants to speak with you. I know, it's boring and totally unnecessary but he insists"

"I don't want to leave this room," Lilia said simply as she petted Winter Rose who had come to her from the corner of the room. Cersei observed the direwolf calmly laying in there. She never thought the wolf would be so quiet.

"Darling, you don't have much of a choice here. I understand that maintaining a conversation with that little beast is not the most pleasant thing in the world but it is what you will do. You will go to see my brother and hear what he has to say" the Queen commanded with authority. Lilia waited for the Queen to go away but the lioness didn't move an inch. "What? Are you expecting me to leave you to complain to your handmaiden? Not going to happen. And let's be honest, I've seen you the way you've come into the world already"

Lilia undressed without facing anyone. Zoran helped her with her corset and with the dress. Then, they went to her dressing table, where Zoran combed the girl's hair. Lilia hadn't taken a moment to look at herself in the mirror those past days, but once she did, she realized that she wasn't there anymore. Lilia Stark was no longer there, she was dead. Only her body was living, her soul and everything that held her together was broken and the damage was beyond repairable.

The Queen fetched some Lannister soldiers to escort her there. Lilia hadn't been inside that place in the longest time. Ever since her father had been executed.

As she got inside, Tyrion Lannister was already there waiting for her, along with his new companion. He stood up from where he stood to greet her with some sort of hope in his face.

"Lady Stark, I'm glad you came," he said as he approached her, making her take a step behind. Tyrion was very surprised when she did that and soon, his facial expression changed completely to a more concerned one. "Would you like to speak about it somewhere else quieter and... more private?"