Chapter 7 | The wolf's howl

This chapter might contain sensitive mentioning of violence, so if you're sensitive to this type of narration, skip it and read only the part written in bold at the end. However, if you wish to read it, it's at your risk.

The morning after Lilia woke up to the sun on her face. Soon after Zoran arrived and started to get her ready for the day. After eating the food Zoran had also brought her from the kitchens, or a little bit of that food, Lilia decided to go for a walk. So, she decided to take a walk around the gardens. But then, as she walked past the throne room she heard screams, familiar screams.

She immediately stormed inside the throne room finding everybody looking at her sister, who was being beaten by Ser Merryn Trant at Joffrey's command, while he was watching as pleased as he usually would be when someone else was suffering. When seeing that, she wasn't sad. No, the time for being sad had been long gone. Now she was furious, she was angry.

"What is the meaning of this circus act?!" she said as she walked up to her sister. Joffrey looked shocked at Lilia's boldness. He knew she was wild but he never fully understood what that meant and he was just finding that out at that moment, and he wasn't liking it one bit. Lilia came for Ser Merryn then. "How dare you beat up an innocent lass?! The sister to the King in the North and your future Queen?"

"My Lady, you stand in the presence of your King, need I remind you of that? And your brother is nothing but a rebel and a traitor, just like your father and mother and the whole pack of traitors in this Kingdom" Joffrey asked delicately, yet threateningly. But Lilia wasn't worried about manipulating him or being discreet. One thing was tormenting her sister, but another thing was beating her up and that... that she wasn't going to allow. "Kneel"

"Release my sister" she commanded with hatred in her voice. Her soul was burning her body and all she wanted to do was put a sword to Joffrey's body. However, she wanted him to see it, she didn't want to be like Jaime Lannister and stab him through the back. She knew that if she did that, she would be executed, but at least, her sister would be free from that vicious monster.

"Kneel!" she did nothing but stare at him in the eyes. "Kneel to me! KNEEL! I AM THE KING!"

"I could care less," she said, causing everybody to gasp. Joffrey was caught off guard but his blood was boiling as fury was taking the best of him. "Release my sister, now!"

"You are no one to give me orders, I obey the King, not some whore from the North!" Ser Merryn insulted the young Stark girl, whose eyes had turned as cold as the ice and her expression was as harsh as the cold Winter.

"No, Ser Merryn. It's quite alright, leave Lady Sansa alone" Joffrey said, catching everybody out of surprise. Why was he doing that? Since when did Joffrey show mercy? Lilia knew there was something more to it, she knew she had defied the King, but she didn't regret it whatsoever and she was ready to face the consequences, no matter how awful they were. "I believe we can send Robb Stark a message some other way. Hold Lady Stark down"

At that moment, Ser Merryn held Lilia, hurting her due to his strong grip over her arms. She didn't show how she was hurting, she wouldn't give them the pleasure. She didn't know what was about to happen to her, but she was starting to fear it. Nevertheless, she kept the same facial expression she had previously. She wasn't going to let them know how terrified she was.

"You want to send my brother a message by what? Beating me up?" she challenged the blond, vicious fool. He gave her a sadistic smirk as Sansa screamed for her help. No one did anything. No one dared to move. The room was silent, aside from Sansa's screams. People were scared to know what was about to happen. "Go ahead. Beat me up. I'm sure you'll jerk to the thought of me tonight"