Chapter 8 | The maiden's misery

Yes, here I am again. I usually never write little notes in my chapters, nor do I share my opinions about the characters. So, you know that if I'm here, I'm here to warn you... again.

Yesterday I said that my book would take a huge turn and this is the beggining of it (the last chapter was the introduction to it). This chapter contains an EXTREME ammount of violence and description (not in the way that you're probably thinking though).

So, I let here my Triggered Warning since even I myself cried as I wrote this chapter (which was the one which took me the longest to write). It's very sad and so, just like yesterday, you may read all of it, but for those of you who do not wish to, I will do a recap (a very short and undetailed one) that will provide you the information about this chapter (which is essential to read the rest of the story).

But that day wasn't bound to end well and, during the night, guards broke inside her chambers. Winter Rose wasn't in her chambers, she was staying with Sansa, so Lilia didn't have anyone to protect her.

Joffrey got inside along with them and her eyes widened. The door was closed as she was beaten by one of the guards. She couldn't say which one since it was dark and she could barely see anyone.

"My Lady, I couldn't help but pay you the visit that you deserve," Joffrey said sadistically. She slapped a guard as she tried to escape, but another one grabbed her and slapped her, making her fly and crash on the ground. The impact made her whole body feel broken but she did not have the time to think about it one bit. She knew she had to fight her way out of there or she would not keep her life.

They pushed her body to them as she clawed on the floor, trying to helplessly fight them. She kicked them, to make them lose the grip they had of her legs. Then, they grabbed her and threw her onto the bed, as she screamed. She turned on her belly as she felt her nightgown being lifted, to keep them from managing it, but they turned her back to her original position and lifted her nightgown. She cried and begged for help, screaming at the top of her lungs, but it was no use.

One of the guards held her hands up, forcing her to stay still. Tears were washing her face as she begged for mercy, that was when she felt an amount of pain she had never experienced before. It felt like someone was ripping her in half, and with it, a huge scream came out of her throat and they covered her mouth. She closed her eyes not to see anything so that she could believe that everything was just a horrible nightmare that would soon be over.

"Be quiet, My Lady" she wanted to die in that same moment. So, as pain took over her body, all she could pray for was that the Gods would do her the kindness of taking her away once and for all. For a few moments there, she wondered how it would be when she left. "Dog, lit a candle up so that Lady Stark can see us well"

The Hound had been staying outside, guarding the door, but he had come inside to find the girl helplessly try to take him off of her. She failed miserably every time, making Sandor feel pity for her. Yet, he did as Joffrey had commanded and then he saw her and she saw them, pain washed her face and with it, shame. She shut her eyes closed as she tried to avoid those thoughts.

The Hound was reminded of the rumours he had heard about the time where the Mad King was still alive and sitting on the Iron Throne. He remembered the story about his own brother raping and then murdering Elia Martell. The rumours that the Mad King raped his sister and wife, Rhaella, every single night. The rumours that he raped Joanna Lannister once and that the Sake of King's Landing was Tywin Lannister's revenge for that.

But there was one story that resembled the case much more than any other. Her late aunt, Lyanna Stark, had been kidnapped and raped multiple times by Rhaegar Targaryen, which resulted in her death. That caused an uprising, resulting in Robert's Rebellion and in her brother coming to the Capitol just to ask the Mad King for justifications. That resulted, later on, in his death.