Chapter 13 | Enthusiasm over dead Lannisters

They got to Dorne quickly. The sea cooperated with them and so, they got to the South safely. They had only taken a day and a half of a pleasant journey, without any trouble.

After reaching Dorne, they had a carriage waiting for them. Lilia looked at the guards dressed in yellow with curiosity. It felt like she had landed on a different planet from the one she had seen. They had some time to look around, as the guards changed their belongings from the ship to the carriage.

Looking quickly at the place, Lilia had figured that Dorne was mainly desert. Maester Luwin had always told her that things in Dorne were very different, especially their culture, given that they didn't join the Realm for quite a long time.

Once everything was properly packed, they got inside the carriage that would take them to the Dornish Court – Sunspear. Lilia noticed Myrcella's nerves growing stronger and smiled lightly, putting a hand over hers in reassurance.

She decided to observe her surroundings. She wanted to actually know Dorne. However, the only thing she noticed along the day was sand and desert and more sand and more desert. The climate was very dry and soon, their dresses seemed unfit.

"Are you feeling well?" Princess Myrcella asked out of preoccupation since Lilia was clearly having trouble with the heat. Lilia wasn't used to the heat or dry climates, just the transition between Winterfell and King's Landing alone was hard for her to cope up with. However, she had underestimated Dorne "You don't look very well"

"Given the fact that where I come from, this might as well be called 'hell', I think I'm dealing with it" the girl laughed and Lilia started to think how much she had changed. She had come from the North and now she was at the most Southerner South there could possibly be. What was next?

In about less than an hour, they were standing at the gates of Sunspear. She was the first to leave the carriage where they had been travelling, in order to ensure that it was safe for the Princess to get outside.

Of course, she didn't expect it to be dangerous, but those had been indications from the Queen herself, so she had to shut up and oblige without asking questions, didn't she?

As soon as Myrcella stepped out of the carriage she stepped forward with Lilia walking slightly behind her. As they reached the Dornish Royal Family, they bowed in courtesy to the Princess.

"Princess Myrcella, welcome to Sunspear" a man whom Lilia easily recognized as Doran Martell. She knew about the man's struggle to walk, he had some sort of disease that had no cure, as far as her knowledge went. "Lady Stark, Dorne thanks you for bringing the Princess here safely"

"Prince Doran" both of them bowed out of courtesy. There were a lot of girls there, eight girls or something like that. Lilia recognized them as the Sand Snakes, all of them daughters of Prince Oberyn Martell, the infamous Red Viper. He was the brother to Elia Martell and was known for travelling the world. That explained his eight daughters.

"And this is my youngest son, Trystane Martell" the man introduced them a young boy with curly hair and olive skin. He bowed to Myrcella and kissed her hand, which was very sweet of him. Her cheeks took a reddish undertone and Lilia smiled discreetly at the sight of them. "Trystane, this is Princess Myrcella Baratheon"

"It's very nice to meet you, at last, Princess," he said. His accent was very different from the ones Lilia had been used to hearing all her life. "The merchants and Dornish Lords have told me of your beauty but none of them was even close to make you justice"

After that, Lilia's gaze found two other people next to the Prince, a girl and a boy. They were both very tan, like any dornishman she had seen so far. The girl was very beautiful, with olive skin and dark hair and eyes, she was a kind of beauty Lilia had never seen. But the boy... his 'beauty' could not be compared to any of his siblings'.