Chapter 2 | The King's Tournament

Lilia was currently being escorted by Lancel Lannister to the tournament. She was almost glad that it was him who was taking her there, had it been Jamie Lannister or even Tyrion Lannister, and she would have thrown herself out the Red Keep to meet the hard floor, and with it, permanent death. She didn't believe in witches that brought people back to life or supernatural powers of some sort and she was also quite unaware of the current situation the war was in.

She had always thought that Lancel was a bit... weird. He was a scared little lion, yet sweet and... certainly nothing like the Head of his House. She had never had the 'honour' to meet Tywin Lannister, the old mighty lion, but she had heard of him and the songs didn't lie... he was a strong man, a determined one and that made her fear for her brother's life. The Rains of Castemere showed what happened to those who defied the Lannisters and she didn't want to know what the outcome of the war would be. The last thing she had heard, Robb hadn't lost any battle he had fought. However, she didn't take that as assurance. The Lannisters played dirty and no one could guarantee her that they would not. All she could do in her current position was to pray for their victory and leave it in the Gods' Hands.

"My Lady, you shall take a seat next to the King and Prince Tommen" he indicated her as they were near them. Her sister was there, with the same Southerner hairstyle she saw her wearing the last time she had laid eyes on her. She wore a light pink dress, but if you paid enough attention, you would see that she was pretending to be alright. Lilia was still upset since her little sister was one of the reasons her father's head was chopped off in the first place, and even if she wasn't, the fact that they were taken hostages was on her.

As Joffrey's eyes met Lilia's, the only thing she did was focus on her feet and bow to him out of courtesy. She didn't care that he was King, but she knew that if she didn't treat him as such, he would have her head and she couldn't die. She had to find Arya and she had to escape and make sure that Robb won the war. But if he lost... she knew she was not going to face the Lannisters anymore, she wouldn't give them the pleasure of chopping her head off. Instead, the only thing they would see would be her dead body drenched in blood.

"My Lady!" he said out of happiness, putting her up and making her face him. She hated to be in his presence and she despised his existence. She knew that her eyes were full of hatred and she didn't make an effort on trying to hide it from anyone. She would never forgive or even forget what he had done to her and her family and she wanted him dead. She wished that he was dead. "Come, join us. Take a seat, I've saved you one right next to me"

"Thank you, Your Grace. It was very thoughtful of you" she pronounced coldly. She wanted to get out of there, she wanted to lock herself back in her chambers and never look at him in the eyes.

"Lady Sansa, won't you speak to your sister?!" he reprehended her. Sansa was clearly somewhere else, but whenever she heard Joffrey's voice, it was like he terrified her. Lilia wasn't aware of what had been happening in the past few days, but he had been making Sansa's life miserable. Both Stark girls missed each other, and deep down, Lilia understood the reason behind Sansa's attitude.

"Yes, Your Grace. I'm very sorry, Your Grace" she apologized almost instantly and then, both sisters met the others' eyes. They wanted to hug one another and never let go again. They only had each other, everyone else was splattered around the Seven Kingdoms. Arya was as good as dead, Robb's life was at maximum risk, Bran was crippled, Rickon was a little boy and Jon was at the Wall. Lilia missed Jon so very much, yet she knew that it was likely that she would never see him again. He was part of her life for years, but she was smart enough to realize that the part of her life in which he was present was gone and it was never coming back. "It's good to finally see you again, dear sister. I haven't heard of you for the past week or so"

"Indeed, your absence has been noticed around Court. It feels like there is something missing" Joffrey commented in a flirtatious way. Lilia felt sick to her stomach. Before, when he would hit on her, she could bring it to the King and Joffrey would find himself forced to stop. Now, he was the King and that meant that he could do as he pleased, which meant that she had no protection whatsoever.

"My father's head, for example" she muttered so that only she could hear. Joffrey didn't seem to understand the words that she had preferred, but her sister and Princess Myrcella seemed to have noticed and they both sent her a sad smile. Lilia wondered how Tommen and Myrcella could be siblings to a psychopath like Joffrey and how it was possible that they were born to Cersei Lannister, the envious and calculous woman whom she hated.

"What did you say, My Lady?" he asked with a smile on his face. It seemed genuine, but Lilia couldn't care less. He looked like he was being genuine when he promised not to have her father executed, yet there they were...

"I said that it was certainly your father's absence. I pray the Gods that he is at peace" she made up at the moment. Joffrey nodded with disinterest and she took a deep breath. It was certainly going to be a long day...