Chapter 29 | The Wolf and the Bastard

Hi!

So... first of all I want to apologize for the delay but lately I've been going through some personal stuff which has disabled me to publish this story. Don't get me wrong because I have a solid part of the third book written and edited already, so this isn't about the fact that I didn't have anything to post - I did, I just didn't have the time or the right mind to post it.

In any case, I have brought to you the LAST chapter of this book and, as promised, you can find the third book in my page (it's not up yet).

Thank you so much for following Lilia's journey throughout another book and I hope you keep following her life onto the next book.

Without furthering this boring introduction, enjoy the chapter!

It was finally the day that Lilia had feared the most out of the days she had spent in the Capitol. She was standing in her chambers with handmaidens all over her.

She had taken a bath, she had her hair in an updo, some sort of bun and on top of it, she had placed a crown on her head. It was a golden crown, different than the many she had seen Cersei Lannister wear throughout her time in King's Landing. It was golden and had many jewels in it... diamonds she would say. It wasn't a crown, it was more of a tiara and one she had craved for the longest time.

Her dress was red and had golden lions sewed in the front. But the dress was different, it had fishes and wolves as a pattern even though one could not see them at first.

She was suddenly walking inside the Sept of Baelor as the people of the city rioted and once she got inside the people gasped because those were not the colours of duty, those were colours for war.

"Wake up!" Lilia felt her body being shaken as she confusingly opened her eyes as she tried to process her own dream. It felt so real... it felt like she was actually there and she was heading somewhere to do something which was going to change her life, she just kept wondering what it was. She didn't have much time to think about that though, especially since in front of her stood Nymeria Sand, the second-born daughter to Prince Oberyn Martell.

She hadn't gotten the chance to speak to Nymeria, all she knew was by reputation since the Dornish woman would not say much to the Stark girl. Unlike Tyene, Nymeria didn't make an effort to be friends with everybody that set foot in her life.

"What are you doing here?" Lilia questioned cluelessly. Winter Rose growled at Nymeria but Lilia made sure to keep her wolf quiet. She didn't want the guards to realize something odd was happening, but at the same time, had the guards let her just pass by her?

"Your ship is going to sail right now, so get ready! You don't have much time!" she nodded as the woman commanded her. Nymeria threw her some clothes for the journey, which Lilia dressed without hesitation.

"I was told the ship was going to sail in the morning" Lilia commented as she dressed her own cloak. She petted Winter Rose as she kissed her fur and got ready to leave with her.

"Well, change of plans! We must leave now!" Lilia walked out of the enguarded door with Nymeria, who carefully walked through the hallways. Suddenly, when they heard a sound, they hid in another corner and Nymeria lifted her dress, getting one of the many daggers she had inside of it. Lilia's eyes widened and she put her two hands on her mouth in order not to react.

When the way was clear once more, they walked out of the Palace from the North doors, far from the eye of the guards and of Doran Martell. In front of it stood a small, merchant's carriage was there, ready to take her and Winter Rose away forever. In front of it, was standing Daemon Sand, whom Lilia had not laid eyes on. They hadn't talked since the kiss and Lilia thought she was never going to see him again.