Chapter 14 | Arianne Martell

Lilia woke up to sun rays burning her face. It was early in the morning, but somehow, it was already pretty hot, compared to the temperature at night. Lilia had found the dornish nights very chilly comparing to the days, but it was nothing compared to her home.

One thing good about her home, something that she had always loved, was that despite being very cold outside, Winterfell was truly warm. One could walk around in silk and not be cold since the castle had been built above some thermal pool. Just for that, Lilia would often think that people didn't give Bran, the builder, enough credit for what he had managed to build throughout his life. When she was little, she would often joke about it with her siblings, Robb and Jon, calling Bran, the engineer of Westeros, since he was responsible for building the most fascinating monuments and maintaining them successfully, unlike Harrenhall, which was built in luxury and helplessly destroyed by dragons.

She decided that it was time for her to leave the comfortable bed that she had been given and get dressed. She decided to dress white since she had always heard that white made dealing with heat much easier. She could never confirm it to be true or not, so that was her shot.

She went outside for a walk around the beautiful gardens that they had in Sunspear. As she admired the beauty her eyes were lucky to see, she also thought of a way to escape King's Landing and have her sister coming with her. Winterfell was miles away from her, she would have to cross the whole country to get there. During her way there, she would have to come across people who were backing the Lannisters, and since by then there would be a prize on her head, she wouldn't get far.

She could go to Riverrun, but to do that, she would have to pass through the Reach, which belonged to the Tyrells, who didn't pronounce themselves for anyone since the death of Renly Baratheon. Other possible option would be to get there by sea, but there would be Greyjoys in the sea, and they despise the Starks. Going to the Eyrie to find shelter with her aunt would be hard since to reach it she would have to go through a large journey.

Another failure in her possible attempts of plans would be that she would have to find a way to reach King's Landing without being noticed and get her sister, who would certainly be noticed, getting them both to the dungeons and, later on, to both their heads on spikes at the walls of the Red Keep.

"You" a girl she had seen when she had arrived the day before grabbed her arm. She had blonde hair and blue eyes along with pale skin. "Come with me"

"Who are you?" she asked out of pure confusion. The only response she got was silence, given that the girl stook to pushing her around. When the mysterious blonde stopped, they were already inside the keep, and Lilia pushed her arm off her hand. As the mystery lass started to walk again through the hallways, getting pushed to a room full of pillows, luxury, food and... men...

"Lady Stark" her attention was then on the Princess of Dorne, who pushed herself off one of the men inside but not before heatedly kissing him. Lilia looked at her feet in order to remain indifferent towards the situation, since the Princess was naked with men and women inside a room and... it was awkward enough in Lilia's eyes. She dressed a robe, covering her naked body and walked towards the girl. "I've heard much about you, make yourself at home"

"Princess" Lilia acknowledged her back, facing her. She wondered if that was only to bother her or if she actually lived like that in Dorne. She had found their ways quite different from the ones she lived back home and even in the Capitol. "I'm sorry for my boldness but why did you have me dragged here?"

"I see my cousin, Tyene, hasn't talked to you at all" only then did Lilia realize who the girl was. Tyene Sand, a bastard daughter of Oberyn Martell with a septa. That explained why she seemed not to be dornish since she had golden hair and deep, blue eyes. "Well, either way, I guess I would like to meet the infamous northern girl everybody has been talking about lately. Would you like to have some lemon cakes? I've heard both you and your sister appreciate them very much"