Chapter 27 | Plotting and Scheming

It was already night and they were so tired that they had to stop at the Tower of Joy, just as Quentyn had recommended them so they could rest. The plan was simple – cross Starfall and get to the Reach in the blink of an eye.

Lilia's auburn hair was holding up for the time being but she feared it would stop being so when they got to the Reach and that scared her. She was probably the most wanted person in the country, which meant everybody would be looking for her... especially if the price on her head was a considerable one.

When they got to the Tower, Lilia stood in front of it with the weird sensation that something very important had taken place there and, oddly enough, she found herself being drawn inside. But she didn't, at least, not straight away.

She took some time to look around and memorize the sight as if she was painting it with every single detail, so neatly one could not see the difference. The Tower stood right in front of the Red Mountains... or so it seemed. The moonlight lightened the tower and made everything even more beautiful since it added a mysterious charm to the fortress.

Eventually, she headed inside and found many different chambers but the one she got, gave her instant goosebumps. It smelt of roses and it emanated sorrow and sadness. She wondered if that had been her Aunt Lyanna's room, if what they said was true, of course.

That night Lilia had a hard time sleeping. Falling asleep seemed almost impossible. To sleep under the same roof her aunt had died years prior was something that she just couldn't handle, it felt like a ghost would whisper in her ear something she didn't want to know, something she didn't want to hear.

Lyanna Stark's story was a very sad and unfortunate one, so much that Lilia understood why her father would never talk about his lost sister. And the truth was that she didn't want to listen to it... not anymore anyway. Her life had come from perfect to utter disgrace and misery in months, just with four simple words. She had her dose of miserable life for herself, she didn't have to weep for family she didn't even meet.

Before first light, they decided it was time to leave. Lilia had been able to sleep for two hours if so, which worried both Arianne and Tyene. However, Lilia did not complain or even said a word about it. Instead, she was the first to show eagerness to continue their journey with no hesitations whatsoever. She knew they couldn't lose the time they still had ahead of them, she knew that if they weren't quick, they could be caught and she would be lost forever...

They were near Starfall when the sun started to shine brightly in the sky once again. For a moment, Lilia was thankful for having that veil covering up her head, though it still didn't help.

"When you become Lady Tyrell, I'll finally be able to get some sleep at last" Arianne mentioned as they rode past a desert. Lilia had realized that Dorne was made by desert with a village or two if there would be a village or two. Also, the nights were as cold as in the North... perhaps not so much but pretty close, and the temperature between day and night made her body confused on which way to react to the climate. But Lilia loved Dorne nonetheless, despite its many inconveniences.

She had learnt how to love Dorne and she had realized how similar Dornishmen and Northmen were. Her place of birth was Winterfell but it could have easily been Dorne if it weren't for the fact that she didn't quite fit the typical dornishwoman physical characteristics.

One thing she had realized from the many weeks she had spent in the Southernest South there could be in Westeros was that it had shaped her into a different girl. The people she had met and the way that they saw life, made Lilia hold onto the thought that there was still something to work with, that she was still valuable and that she had to make the best out of the things she had gone through. Not to mention the fact that she finally realized how to play the so-called Game of Thrones, and she was determined to make everything that she could so that House Stark would win. She wasn't going to allow her father's death go unpunished, let alone allow it to have been in vain.