Chapter 21 | Unlikely alliance

Lilia was heading to the room where she had met Princess Arianne a few days prior. The Dornish Princess had invited her over to break their fast together, which came as a huge surprise to Lilia. Arianne liked to embarrass Lilia, of that the northern girl was sure. If that wasn't the truth, why would she invest some of her free time on making her uncomfortable?

Either way, Lilia didn't have much of a choice, since she was a guest that the Martells did the kindness of welcoming into their home. And since Myrcella was going to break her fast with the Prince of Dorne and her betrothed, Lilia had absolutely no possible excuse she could come up with.

As she walked inside the chamber Lilia had first met Princess Arianne in, she noticed the people inside. There were only men that time around, which didn't make Lilia any less uncomfortable. She wondered if Princess Arianne did that on purpose and she jumped into the conclusion that the Dornish young woman did it out of pleasure and out of fun.

Arianne jumped off the makeshift bed full of pillows and put on a dress to cover herself with, smiling and grabbing a grape, bitting it sensually. Lilia watched as Arianne analysed her. As usual, Lilia would feel like a fish of the river in the sea, which in part, was what she was. Even though she was a wolf, a part of her would always be a fish.

She had thought about making her coat of arms a wolf with a fish. Perhaps it would be strange, and it would have to be thought about very carefully, but it was a possibility.

"Lady Stark, have a seat" she insisted, making Lilia take it silently. The boy Arianne was with came towards her and they shared a long and passionate kiss. "You're dismissed. Leave me with Lady Stark"

Everybody left the room, leaving the Dornish Princess alone with Lilia. Arianne had an agenda, she wanted to defy her father for what she had heard and also for what she had realized. Lilia Stark being there was an opportunity she could not waste.

She gave Lilia orange cakes, which Lilia accepted shyly and gave Arianne a grateful smile. She took a bite and felt the sour, yet sweet flavour that it brought her to take over herself.

"Thank you" she simply said as she stared at Arianne Martell, who just drank a cup of tea which had been brought by the Maester. Arianne drank it all at once, and when she was finished she simply smiled at Lilia.

"Moon Tea. I don't need any children for now" she said as Lilia blushed at the young woman's boldness. "Well, my father wants me to befriend Myrcella Baratheon who is nothing but a child. I've tried to do as he asked me to but she's boring. You, on the other hand, you are an interesting girl. I'd like for us to be friends"

"I would appreciate that very much, Princess," Lilia said politely, as the dark-skinned girl rolled her eyes at the formality the she-wolf had used to address her.

"Quit the fancy titles, Lilia. Call me Arianne" she asked as Lilia nodded still very uneasy with the sudden change in the Martell's behaviour. "I've heard your brother has been doing quite well in the battles"

"I've been kept from the information but so I've heard" Lilia confessed a little sad at the mentioning of her brother. She wondered if she was ever going to see him again at that point, which she hoped she would. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but she also acknowledged the fact that Robb was stubborn and very protective over his family. He wouldn't leave her at the Lannisters' mercy, of that she was sure. "He is a good military man"

"Indeed, they call him the Young Wolf, the boy who holds Ser Jaime Lannister as a prisoner and who has never lost a battle" Lilia smiled at the mentioning of that. She never knew that her brother had managed to win every battle he had ever thought. She was filled with pride and hope for a better future. "Merchants say that he has Tywin Lannister under control and that is something that no one has ever managed to do. The last ones who rebelled against him were wiped off"