x

This picture made me have an actual break down.

Im not crying, I just have a branch or something in my eye.

Ok carry on.

Luke

I should have just gone for it and kissed her. That was my shot and I missed it. Michael was right, I do like Scarlett, but I don't stand a chance against my brother. Definitely not wanting to go home where Ashton currently is, and with no where else to go I drive to Michael's.

     "Hey Mrs. Clifford."

     "Luke, honey. It's so good to see you! Michael is upstairs in his room!" After thanking her I trudge up the stairs, pushing open his door without knocking.

     "Hey man. What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be at Scarlett's?" He pauses the game of FIFA he is playing.

     "I was but I almost kissed her, then ran away." I shove my face in a pillow.

     "You totally do like her!" He exlaims, earning a loud muffled groan from me. "Why didn't you just do it?"

     "Because I chickened out and she obviously likes Ashton not me."

     "You know as well ad I do that your stupid step brother will totally fuck up. And when he does you'll be there. Ok? Just keep being your delightfully awkward self and making her mix cds."

     "I hope you're right."

Scarlett

My mind was still racing about my almost kiss with Luke, that my homework was not getting done. "Hey, hun. How was your day?" My  mom comes into the kitchen after picking up an extra shift at work.

     "Interesting." I start to pack up my books to bring upstairs and go to bed.

     "I'm really proud of  you for making friends. They seem like they are changing you though."

   "They're making me better."

     "Is that really what you think? That hurting a boy is going to make you someone?"

     "I was nobody before."

     "Scarlett I think you need to take a step back and think about this. Hurting this boy won't fix anything."

     "Mom I watch you get torn down by countless men, you think that doesn't effect me?"

     "That's not fair."

     "How is it not? I  don't know what a functional relationship looks like! I can't even make up my mind! I'm falling for two different guys! One of which I'm only supposed to be fake dating. I'm so screwed up." The words were tumbling out of  mouth before I could stop them, and my feet took the cue to carry me up the stairs.

     "Hey." I answer when Ashton calls me later in the night. "What's up?"

     "I just called to talk. See how your day went." I feel my cheeks heat up and my stomach flutter.

     "It was ok. I got into a fight with my mom." Oh and almost kissed your brother, but I decided to leave that part out.

     "What about?"

     "It was nothing. We'll get over it. So how was your day?"

     "Great. Just went to the park and played some soccer with Calum. You're coming to the away game in two weeks right?"

     "Being the new cheerleader, yep! Why?" I'm thankful that the girls aren't here. I feel more relaxed around Ashton when they're not.

     "After the game a bunch if us are going bowling then I thought we could sneak off and  have some alone time?" His tone is hopeful, and I basically go weak at the knees and agree to his suggestion.

     "Great. I'll see you at school tomorrow, babe." The line goes dead. Once again I fall asleep trying to fight off thoughts of the Irwin/Hemmings step brothers.

Wow. I hate myself for writing this book. Now I have double feels for both luke and Ashton.

Anyone listen to the 8tracks playlist I linked to the story a few chapters back? Anyone like it?

Vote/comment it means a lot and lets me know if you like what I'm doing!! xo -Rachel