xvi

Scarlett

I show up to Stella's later that night to find her, Charlotte, and Blake in the living room. "So what did you want to show me?" I grab a slice of pizza from an open box on the table before sitting down. 

        "Ok so Charlotte has been documenting our efforts in destroying Ashton, and we knew you were falling." With that Charlotte clicks play on black TV remote. The boys locker room at school comes into view, partially hidden by vent bars. 

        "Were you in an air duct?" I wonder.

        "Yes. Now sush!" I watch the screen as the soccer team begins to file in. 

        "So you gonna come help me pick up the ladies after the away game?" Calum's voice booms echoes off the metal lockers. Ashton swiftly takes of his sweat soaked shirt in one motion.

        "I think I'm just going to hang out with Scarlett." 

        "C'mon man. She has you whipped! Please tell me you've at least tapped that by now." Ashton doesn't respond verbally to Calum's question, but that answers for him. "Seriously bro?"

        "Great things take time, right? Like a fine wine." 

        "Whipped!" A few other guys jump into the conversation. Ashton is visibly annoyed with all of them. 

        "Nobody is whipped, okay? Ashton Irwin is not whipped. Let's just say I will be scoring more than goals at the away game!" The locker room erupts in cheers as a fresh batch of tears spring to my eyes. Everything he said to me was bullshit, he was just trying to get me into bed. 

        "Why? Why was this necessary for me to see?"

        "We just wanted you to know the truth." Stell replies. I shook my head and started towards the door. "Scarlett stop! We did this for your own good! Cause reality check, you're not really dating him. He didn't fall for you, he fell for what we made you!" 

        "So the little monster created destroys Ashton Irwin, and then what? What happens to me?"

        "You become a legend!" 

        "What if I don't want that?" I thought I wanted to be known, to be visible. But not like this. 

        "Well you can't have him!" Blake pipes up from behind Charlotte. 

        "I'm the head cheerleader, he's the team captain. Obviously he should be with me." Stella wears a smug smile on her thin lips. 

        "Seriously? Just because you're the head cheerleader you can get whatever you want?" Blake shouts. 

        "Exactly!"

        "Guys! Stop!" Charlotte interrupts. 

        "Thanks, Charlotte."

        "He deserves the best, ok? He obviously deserves me!" She crosses her arms matter of factly. 

        "What? Please!" 

        "Stop! We're supposed to be friends! You guys really thought this was going to help you get over him? You're either obsessed with destroying him or with dating him! Either way its all about him. I'm done." 

        "Cheerleaders don't quit."

        "I'm not a real cheerleader!" I throw back before storming out of the house. 

Luke

Against my better judgement I follow Ashton up the stairs shortly after. "Dude. What did I do?" I knowck on his door. 

        "Like you don't know!" He bellows back. 

        "I really don't!" A few seconds later his door opens just a crack. Enought for me to see part of his face.

        "Ask Scarlett." The door slams shut. That's easier said than done, considering she won't talk to me.

:( everyone's fighting 

vote/comment. Thanks for reading, I love all of you :) xo -Rachel