•2•

I wake up to knocking on the door. I open my eyes and look around the room, remembering everything that happened yesterday.
It wasn't just a Dream.
The knock got louder and I groan.
"Come in"
Haz walks in and I groan once more.
"Why are you bothering me this early?" I ask.
"It's noon" he laughs slightly. That's the first time I haven't seen him stressed out. "Didn't sleep well?"
"Well when you're in a house of murderers you don't feel too relaxed" I say.
"Hey! Mobsters!" He corrects me.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"Well I brought some clothes for you" he says setting down the box. "And the men are going to get some of your stuff today. Tom wants to speak to you"
"Tell tom He can shove this up his ass" I say flipping him my middle finger and he groans throwing his hands up.
"Why do I have to be the one watching you you're so fucking annoying" he says and I raise an eyebrow at him.
"Well if you think that help me get out of here" I say.
"And deal with tom? That's not happening" he shakes his head. "Please just go"
"Did you just say please?" I ask.
"Yes." He sighs.
"Hmm alright" I hop out of bed.
"What do I just need to say please more often?" He asks.
"It worked today but I never know when I want to be a snarky bitch so I wouldn't count on it" I say.
"You've got quite the attitude for a kindergarten teacher" he laughs.
I go into the joint bathroom and put on some clean clothes and tie up my hair before walking out of my room and down the hall to the double doors I went in last night, turning the knob and walking in.
"Holy shit" a man says pulling out his gun and pointing it at me.
My breath hitches as I back up against the door.
"Put the gun down" tom demands.
"But sir-"
"That's not Amelia" tom says with an eye roll as if he hadn't made the same mistake a day ago.
"Are you su-"
"I said put the fucking gun down" he yells loudly.
The man lowers his gun.
Tom walks around to the front of the desk where the man was standing, grabbing him by his jaw tightly.
"Don't ever fucking question me again" he spits and roughly let's go of the man. "Now leave"
The man leaves the room and tom turns to me, his hard features softening.
"Sit" He says and I hesitantly sit down in the chair, slightly on edge from what I just witnessed.
He sits back at his desk, going through a folder.
I look around the office, seeing a framed picture of him with two other boys, and one of him with a red haired older woman.
"When's the last time you talked to your sister?" He asks.
"You know I'm not going to just spill to you everything I know about her right?" I say.
"Look, it's in your best interest to help me out. After all we didn't find you by accident. We got your information from sources that are close to that mob." He says.
"Why should I trust you? You kidnapped me, threatened me, and now you're telling me you're after my twin sister?"
"Because I don't waste time hurting people that don't matter" he shrugs.
"Ouch" I say at the remark.
"Look, this could be something more than just giving out your information. Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry?" He asks.
I mean he did reveal to me that I have a dad, and tom isn't as scary when you're not on his bad side.
"I haven't talked to her in two years" I say.
"Why?" He asks.
"Well we didn't grow up together.. my mom took me, told me when I was older that my dad was dead, that I didn't have a sister. But then she found me when I was 17." I say. "She met me a few times, always in weird places, and the last time she said she had to leave town for business"
He nods at my answer, making a few notes.
"What did she say? When you guys met up?" He asks.
"She's ask me things like where I worked, what my hobbies were, just basic small talk" I shrug and he sighs and sits back.
"To a mob member, that's not basic small talk. That's actually really important information, could be how we found you" he says.
I feel a wrenching feeling in my gut and tom being good at what he does picks up on my body language.
"What?" He asks.
"Do you still have that picture of my dad?" I ask and he nods, pulling it out and handing it to me.
Not being sleep deprived, and a little less traumatized I was able to focus more clearly on the photo.
"I've seen this man around a lot" I state. "He's always walking around the school I work at, He never had a kid with him so I always was a little weary of him"
"What school you work at?" He asks.
I give him the name and he writes it down before grabbing his phone and sending a text.
Soon a man walks in the door.
"I need you to get any security camera footage from here that you can" tom states, handing the man the paper with the schools name on it.
"Yes sir" he nods and leaves.
"Why is that important to you?" I ask.
"Anything involving them is important, the more information we have the better I can do my job" he states not looking up from his papers.
"What'd they do?" I ask quietly and he gives me a hard stare.
"Other than stealing a few of my deals. And being our biggest rival, they killed one of my best men" he says. "You can go now"
"Go do what? You've got me locked up" I say sassily to which he rolls his eyes, flipping his pen to the table and sitting back.
"This is a really big property, go explore and shit, let me do my work"
I get up and open the door.
"And this time shut the door before calling me names" he says. "The other guys around here won't be so nice about it"
"You know everyone keeps saying that. I'm starting to think you all are just nice guys hidden behind this rough exterior" I smirk shutting the door behind me.