•7•

*toms pov*
I finish up a good meeting. And when a meeting goes good, I'm in a good mood.
I walk around the house to find Olivia, sleeping on the couch, I decide to leave her be since she didn't sleep last night.
I go down to the basement to check on whoever was down there right now. I go down and see dean, and Harrison.
"Two people for one guy?" I ask as I reach the bottom step.
"He was being fucking annoying so I shut him up" haz says and I nod.
"I'm going to get some research done, I need your guises help, he's secure down here" I say and they all nod and follow me upstairs.
*olivias pov*
I wake up from my nap and look at my phone. Toms meeting must be done by now and I really want to go get some of my stuff. I stand up and walk through the house to find him.
"You know where tom is?" I ask Jackson as I pass him in the hall.
"Last I saw he was in the basement" he says and I thank him. I open the door and walk down the steps halfway.
"Tom?" I call out as I continue walking.
"He's not down here sweetheart" I hear a mans voice say and meet a bloody face with my gaze.
I turn to walk back upstairs but he continues talking.
"What? Don't want to chat with your old man?" He asks and I turn back to him, shooting him a glare.
"No I don't want to fucking talk to you" I say.
"Cmon sweetheart" the nickname made me want to throat punch him. "I was only stopping by to give you something"
"Something other than this huge gash on my arm?" I ask.
"Something that would give you so much power you'd be the envy of so many" he says.
"I don't want power, not the way you get it" I shake my head.
"You know, your mother had the same attitude, and look where she ended up" he says and I feel my stomach clench.
"She died in a car crash" I say.
"Was it a car crash? Or are my men good at faking death scenes?" He says and I feel my fists clench and anger rise in me.
"I did it for you though" he says. "Sometimes people need..a push. To send them in the right direction"
"I will never be like you" I say.
"But you're so supportive of tom huh?" He laughs. "He's just as bad as me sweetheart. Hes got as much blood on his hands in 23 years than I have in 46"
I hear the door open and footsteps coming down.
"Olivia what the fuck are you doing down here?" Tom asks furiously.
"I- I was just looking for you" I say.
"Are you fucking dumb? He hurt you and you fucking walk into the same room as him?" He yells and me and I step backward.
"Told you, He's no better than me" my dad laughs.
"You Shut the fuck up" tom points to my dad before looking back at me.
I feel tears running down my cheeks at his harsh tone.
"Go upstairs and wait for me in my office" he says firmly. I turn around, and walk up the stairs.
"Liv? What happened?" Haz asks as I pass him in the hallway.
"Nothing" I say walking past him and go into toms office.
I sit in the chair for 10 minuets. Waiting for tom to come in. Normally I'd say fuck it and go off to my room or somewhere else in the house. But I was more scared of what tom would do if I didn't go straight here.
The door opens and he slams it closed and walks over to me, sitting in the chair next to me as opposed to the chair behind his desk.
"Darling you can't do that.. he's secure but just In case he were to be able to get out, I wouldn't be able to hear you down there. Please don't do that again" he says in a soft voice maintaining eye contact.
Why was he so awful to me down there and so nice to me up here?
"I was just looking for you- and he started saying a bunch of shit and I was just so angry" I say.
"I know" he says. "But you have to be strong enough to walk away, okay?" He says and I nod.
The door opens and tom sits up very quickly.
"Sir I-"
"What did I say about walking in my office without knocking?" He says, raising his voice.
"I-I'm Sorry" Jackson stutters.
"Unless someone's dead, go" he says and the door shuts.
"Why are you rude one second, nice the next, then rude again?" I ask him.
"I'm never nice" he says, going to his chair behind his desk.
"You are to me" I joke.
"I have to be you're all innocent and sensitive" he says.
"Not true!" I say.
It is true.
And to say the intense bruising on his knuckles didn't give me a bit of anxiety would be a lie.
"Fine I'll treat you like all my other men" he shrugs.
"No dont" I say. "I'm okay with nice tom"
"Not nice" he says and I stand up.
"Mhmm" I hum and leave the room.
He's nice. He's definitely nice.