•17•

"I can't believe it! I'm so excited right now!" Jess smiles.
"Why are you so excited? How? It's 9am" I laugh.
"Her goal in life is to be a match maker" Harry rolls his eyes.
"And I'm damn good at it!" She says.
I get up and walk to the kitchen to make my tea.
I put the kettle on and see tom walk into the living room, his eyes meet mine and a smile grows on his face as he walks towards me.
"Morning babygirl" he mumbles placing a kiss on my lips.
"Good morning" I smile.
"I have a really important meeting this morning otherwise I'd stay with you a little longer" he says.
"Yeah? Big deal in the works?" I ask. He smiles seeing me taking an interest in his work.
"No actually.. someone thinks they say Amelia the other day. So I might actually be paying someone else for once" he says.
My heart starts to race, what if someone saw Amelia and I together? What if tom finds out I knew she came back to town for a while.
"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't talk about your sister in front of you" he says.
"No it's fine" I shake my head. "It's not like I knew her anyways"
"I'll see you later babygirl" he says kissing my forehead and walking off to his office.
Sam stands in the doorway, his eyebrows knit together.
"Why is tom all...soft?" He asks and I laugh.
"Only for Olivia" Jess says.
"Wait you guys are together now?" He asks and I nod.
"Damn it! I told him he would be the last!" He groans.
*toms pov*
"Hey" haz says walking in my office. "This is gunna be a difficult meeting"
"We can handle it" I shrug.
"W-why are you so.. happy?" He asks. "Did you get laid last night or something?"
"What? No" I laugh. "I actually.. have some news"
I felt comfortable getting excited and happy in front of Harrison, he's known me since we were kids, we grew up in this together and I don't feel the need to be the 'boss' around him.
"What? You and liv? That's not news bro" he laughs.
"How'd you know?!" I ask.
"I'm your best mate, I know when you're in loooove" he says and I glare at him.
"Quit it with that or I'll cut your fingers off" I say and he laughs.
"I'm happy for you mate"
The other men show up and my mind goes straight from Olivia to Amelia.
I'm going to catch this bitch.
She's going to regret what she did to Derek.
"Alright, what'd you see?" I ask.
"You've got the payment we agreed to?" He asks and I look over to haz who holds up the cash.
"You get it when you give us the information" haz says.
"Nah man I don't do that shit" he shakes his head.
"If anyone around here knows me, they know I never go back on my word. You give me the information, you get the cash" I say and the man sits back a bit before nodding.
"She left town for a while, completely off the radar. Until she wasn't. One of our men saw her going into an apartment building a few times, leaving quickly every time, she disappeared for a couple more days before someone saw her with another girl outside some coffee shop, they looked like they were fighting and after that no ones seen Amelia so we're guessing whoever that other girl was, she had to of made some pretty big threats to scare away Amelia miller." He says.
"Tell me.. the coffee shop, was it called Bonnie's?" I ask and the man thinks.
"Actually that sounds really familiar" he nods.
"And this apartment building, was it on the east end of town?" I ask.
"Yeah down the road from the coffee shop actually" he says.
"Alright thank you for your time" I say and throw the stack of cash on the table, he grabs it and walks out without another word.
I sit back and sigh, running my hands over my face.
"What's wrong? We just got a great lead!" Haz says with a smile.
"can you just tell Olivia I need to see her" I say and he gives me a confused stare.
"Yeah sure" he says leaving the room.
I pull at my hair in frustration. Why the fuck would Olivia meet up with Amelia and not tell me?!
Olivia walks in the office and gives me a smile, to which I don't return.
"What's wrong?" She frowns.
"I'm gunna ask you this once, and I want a Straight answer" I say. "Why did you meet up with Amelia?"
"W-what? I didn't-"
"Don't fucking lie to me Olivia" I raise my voice.
"I didn't know it was her" she shakes her head.
"After everything that's happened why would you go to meet someone not knowing who the fuck they are?! And then not tell me?"
"I don't know" she shrugs.
"And to find the girl that killed one of my best friends, and keep that from me?!" I yell.
"She's my sister tom! Yes she did something wrong but she's still my sister, my blood! I knew you would kill her tom!" She yells back at me.
"And she fucking deserves it. She deserves to suffer and die" I say and the anger that covered her face turned into fear and confusion.
"Do you hear yourself right now? How evil you sound? You're talking about my sister!" She says
"What so you're taking her side now? Might as well go lead their fucking mob while you're at it!"
"I warned her tom" she shakes her head at me. "I told her that if it came down to choosing you or her, that I'd choose you."
"Well obviously that's not the case now is it" I say. "What do you want? You want to still have an opportunity in their mob? Why did you do this?!"
"I don't want any of this tom!" She says, tears slipping her eyes. "I don't enjoy watching people die and get tortured and stolen from! I just wanted to be a teacher and fall in love and have kids! I wanted a normal life. And now my family fucked that up and I've fallen for a guy who's in the middle of it all! I didn't plan for this to be my life!" She cries.
"Olivia.." I feel a small piece of me break at the sight of my girl crying, because of me...
I stand up and walk around the front of my desk to her.
"Darling" I say, bringing my hand to cup her cheek.
"Tom I'm scared" she says.
"You don't need to be, I've got you babygirl"