•14•

*olivias pov*
"So there's seriously nothing going on between you and Tom?" Jessi asks me.
The boys went off to bed a while ago but me and jess stayed up.
"Nope, I mean yeah he's really cute and stuff but he's a mob boss" I say.
"But you like him?" She asks.
"I wouldn't say that" I laugh. "But there's definitely...something about him"
"Spill" She says.
"I don't know.. I just grew up so sheltered you know? Private school, church, no going out with friends all the time or hanging out with boys. And he's the complete opposite, he's been on adventures and he's dangerous and mysterious.. but then sometimes when it's just us he can be really sweet and caring. He makes me feel excited and calm all at once"
She just smiles widely.
"B-but it's nothing I just, I'm just talking" I shake my head.
"It's okay I didn't admit my feeling for Harry at first either" she says and I roll my eyes.
"I don't have feelings for him. And I'm pretty sure Tom Holland doesn't do feelings" I say.
"You'd be surprised" she says.
*toms pov*
I stood in the hallway listening to their conversation. I wasn't intentionally listening, I was just coming to grab a water bottle from the fridge, but when I heard my name I stopped to listen.
And everything I just heard her say made my mind wonder.
__
I lay in bed and there's no way I'm gunna sleep tonight, I never sleep really.
I go downstairs knowing the girls are probably off to bed. I walk in and see them both asleep on the couch. I smile at the sight of Olivia asleep in my jacket.
"What are you doing to me babygirl" I mutter. "I wish I deserved you"
I grab water out of the fridge and take one more look at the girl before going back to bed.
He makes me feel excited and calm all at once
Her words replayed in my head and I catch myself smiling.
Damn it.
_____
Sleep? Didn't do too much of that last night.
I want to get up, go to my office, and do some work before the party I have to attend tonight, but another part of me wants to hang out with Olivia.
The ultimate day would be in my office working with Olivia at my side, making dumb jokes like she always does.
I walk downstairs to get my coffee as I do every morning.
"Morning" jessi whispers walking over to me. The kitchen and living room on this floor are intertwined so we had to be quiet not to wake up Olivia.
"Mornin" I say.
"So.. I have to just say it" she says.
"Say what?" I ask.
"I heard you talking to Olivia last night when she was sleeping" she says.
"You heard nothing" I warn her.
"Tom come on!!!" She whisper yells. "You two are so into each other"
"I'm not good for her, Jessi. I'm going to keep her safe until I take care of the situation and then I'll let her go. It's what's best" I say and Olivia's phone dings on the counter. I pick it up and look at who texted her.
8 texts from unknown.
Unknown: Olivia please meet up at Bonnie's today.
"What the fuck?" I mutter at the text.
"What friend would she have under unknown?" Jessi asks.
"Bonnie's like the cafe down the street from her house" I say.
I see Olivia start to wake up and I quickly lock her phone and set it down.
She sits up and rubs her eyes before looking around the room.
"Did we fall asleep in here?" She asks and Jessi laughs.
"Yeah" she nods. "I um, I'm gunna go wake up Harry"
She leaves the room.
Olivia gets up and walks into the kitchen.
"I don't know how you can drink that stuff" She cringes as she puts on a kettle for tea.
"I need it to put up with you all day" I joke and her mouth drops.
"You're rude!" She laughs.
"Aww I'm teasing darling" I say and wrap my arms around her from the back as she waits for the kettle.
She leans back into me a bit and I can't help but hold her just a little bit tighter.
Her phone dings again and she pulls from my grip to go grab it. I stand there watching to see her reaction to the unknown number.
She looks at the text for a minuet and types something back before locking her phone.
"Who was that?" I ask.
"Someone's nosey" She says making her tea. "It was the wrong number"
I knew it was the unknown and I knew she was lying to me.
"I've got to get to the office, I'll see you later" I say and she smiles.
"Bye"