10| Lost My Way

The sound of the alarm made me flinch in sudden fear

The sound of the alarm made me flinch in sudden fear. Just to take a revenge, I tried to shoot it down to the floor but the spooky thing went off again after a span of a few seconds.

My phone was too determined to do the task allotted to it. The almost impossible task of waking me up in early morning hours.

Finally deciding to give in to its loud cries, I tossed around preparing to take off. Just when I faced the other side, the gravity called me down for a morning hug and I fell headfirst on the floor.

Could there be any better way to start a day?

As per Jeon Jungkook's orders, I had to be in the gym by 8 am no matter what and the clock displayed 7:30. I woke up before time. That's an achievement!

The brunette who slept in the same room as me left without leaving any traces behind. Except for the mysterious magazine.

With a smug smile, my feet carried me towards something which could be Taehyung's secret or maybe his guilty pleasure.

The cover page was rather brightly coloured and it was hard to interpret the characters through blurry vision (courtesy of waking up just moments ago). I could see animals which looked somewhat like an animated elephant and giraffe.

"Best... uh... Best bedtime? Best bedtime stories?!"

Kim Taehyung, the owner of purple productions, reads bedtime stories before sleeping.

I kept the book down and after remaining shocked for a few seconds, I sprawled down on the bed not to sleep but because I feared falling while laughing.

10 minutes later...

After taking a shower and changing into gym wears, I tied my shoelaces and walked out to meet Jungkook.

I would lose $1 to him if I didn't make it before 8 am!

I glanced at my phone screen that flashed the time while walking through the hallways but I couldn't seem to remember the way to the gym. Navigation was never my thing but I was disappointed in myself especially after knowing that we wasted an hour yesterday to avoid the situation I got myself into.

Impossible. It was impossible to not cry over my carelessness and it was impossible indeed to find the way without calling Taehyung as he was my only resort.

I gulped while I pressed the phone against my ear. My brain suddenly flashed the pictures of the magazine I saw earlier that morning when I heard his deep voice. "So... bedtime stories, huh?" I mockingly laughed.

"How!? I forgot to hide it! Hey, wait, if that's your only reason to call me then end it already. I'm busy right now." I heard an elderly voice call out his name in the background and he responded to them with an 'excuse me' before focusing on the call again. "Quick, Y/N!"